Chapter 9

Sidhi's pov

Adhvik's Mehandi and Sangeet day(sidhi's brother)

Today there was a hustle and bustle in the house as today it's Bhai's Mehandi and Sangeet. Maa is running here and there to look after the work. I must say maa is a super woman. She can do multiple works at the same time and she is really an inspiration for me.

I'm with maa in the kitchen, helping her in managing the kitchen work and house decorations while Tina is in the backyard with papa where bhai's mehandi will take place.

Meanwhile from yesterday my brother is acting like a prince, enjoying the pampering he is getting from the family members and chilling in his room.

"Sidhi! Beta jaa Adhvik ko bol de ki ready ho jaaye Mehandi ke function ka time hone wala hai" maa said

"Okay ma'am aapka hukum sir aankhon per!" I replied and started going outside the kitchen I was about to exit the kitchen when suddenly maa said

" Or haan madam aap or Tina bhi ready ho jao aab werna pata chala mehandi ka function ho gya or tum dono maharaniyan ready hi ho rhi ho"

To which I just stomped my foot on the floor and fake cried and maa laughed by seeing my dramatic act.

I came to bhai's room and dekho in maharaj ko aaram se bed per lete hue phone chala rhe hai. I went straight to his bed and snatched his phone from his hand while sitting on the bed.

And just then I saw he was looking at his and bhabhi's old photos....and i just teased him "wah wah kya baat h ek din bhi bhabhi ke bina nhi Raha Jaa Rha hai yaha to"

To which Bhai replied "chup rhe chipkali aaisa kuch nhi hai" while I saw that his cheeks turned into crimson red.

"Ohooo...looks like someone is blushing haan" I said and started laughing and bhai covered his face with the pillow.

"Beta ruk jaa Tera din bhi aayega tb mein bhi tujhe aaise hi pareshan karunga" he said

"Ji nhi ye din kabhi nhi aayega, or haan ab aapko ready hona chahiye janaab ya phir uske liye bhi kisi ko bulau???" I replied while trying to change the topic and it worked.

After coming from bhai's room I came to my room and called Tina and told her to get ready as the mehandi function will start in half an hour.

After disconnecting the call I wore the green colored saree which had minimal work with the border on it and today I preferred to tie my hair into the bun and gave it a touch of gajra and paired it with jhumke and bindi and then I finally looked myself into the mirror and I was looking perfect

After everyone got ready we all went to the backyard and just like that mehandi function lasted for 2 hours and after getting free we all came back to our respective rooms for taking some rest as in evening there is a Sangeet function and everyone needs an energy to break the floor and for having lots of fun.

After changing I also tried to take a nap but sleep was far away from my eyes and I decided to take a walk in the nearby garden and to take some fresh air.

I went to the garden and to be honest it's really so calming as it was pretty evening time and there was a chirping of birds and hustle and bustle of children.

But there was a weird feeling today, my heart was beating so fast and the only thing that came to my mind at that moment was him.

In the past days whenever he used to come behind or in the class, after sensing his presence my heart used to do the same reaction as it was doing today. But why today because I know it's impossible that he will be here, he...he can't be here.