Chapter 3

Sidhi's pov:

At 7:00A.M, As today my shift was in the second half I was sleeping peacefully on my bed as there was no tension of getting late and running to hospital in a rush.

But the next moment my phone suddenly rang , and by ignoring the call at first I again went to sleep thinking that I'll call the person later as I was about to shut my eyes my phone rang again. This time by getting frustrated I checked the caller Id and my brother's name flashed on the screen.

By seeing the caller's name I again ignored it by thinking that bro. Will understand and was just about to keep my phone on the nearby stand, just then 2-3 messages popped in. And they were from bhai

"Hey! Where are you"
"pick up the phone sidhuuuu!!"
"Baad me so lena kumbhkaran"
"Dad wants to talk to you"
( Sleep later kumbhkaran)

By seeing his sudden missed calls which I was ignoring from a few minutes and his desperate messages now my sleep was long gone and the panic rushed through each part of my body.

"Is everything alright, kuch hua to nhi na....Bhai aaise to call nhi krte phir aaj aachanak itne missed calls" I was thinking all this when I heard that another ring hit my phone and I came out of my thoughts.

And this time by controlling my panic state I picked up the call and before I got the chance to say something the heard the voice of bhai from the other side of the call saying

" Where were you sidhu, why weren't you replying back to my calls , I got scared"

To which I replied " calm down Bhai I was sleeping and you know how hard sleeper I am and you are blaming me for scaring youuu , when you were the one who scared the hell out of me by calling me this desperately!"

Bhai instantly replied back by saying " sorry sorry bacha! I was just so desperate to share the news with you that's why I wasn't able to wait"

I just smiled by sensing his desperation and said " okayy! Spit it out fast because now you have my whole attention and you know I can't handle suspense for too long!"

He laughed back and replied " I proposed riddhi and i told everything about us to maa and papa (mom and dad) they both were really happy and they finalised our wedding date!"

By hearing this I was totally shocked and happy that finally my Bhai is getting married to the love of his life! And finally someone is getting their true love that they deserve!

While thinking about all this I forgot that I was still on a call and got out of my Terence when Bhai said "bacha are you there?"

I instantly replied " ya ya sorry! I'm here only"

Bhai got serious and said " what happened aren't you happy by hearing this news"

I instantly shouted by hearing what he just said " what nooo! I mean I...i am so happy Bhai! I was just shocked and happy that I forgot that you were on the call" and i laughed at my own antic replies.

When suddenly I heard papa's (dad's) voice from the other side " Hello! Sidhu beta, how are you! Do you remember when was the last time that you called! You dont miss us na but I am really missing you*

I smiled and replied " papa (dad) sorry the last few days were so hectic that's why I didn't got the time to talk and I miss you too dad"

Dad replied " I know bacha! Your brother's wedding date is the 12th of next month...you are coming naa! Please dont say no bacha its already been 7 years since you went to Bangalore and now it's your Brother's wedding afterall and we really need you here"

I was about to reply when I heard my Bhai's voice " Don't ask her if she will come or not just order her that she Has to come and I have booked her and her friend's tickets for next Sunday "

To which I just signed and replied " don't worry! I'm coming home....wese bhi I can't miss my brother's most important day" by saying this and bedding a bye to both of them i disconnected the call.

And a sudden thought stuck in my mind " Delhi It's the same place where it's all got started! I knew it was my home city and I have many memories of that city but those memories are not all the happy ones....some of them still hurt and are the reason because of which I left it".

While I was thinking this I heard Tina shouting while looking at me by at my face with her wide eyes from my room's door "kahi sochte sochte pagal Mat ho jana tu kisi din wese bhi sochte hue billi se kaam nhi lgti hai! By the way what were you thinking please tell me too

(Don't get mad while thinking too much however you already don't look any less than a cat while thinking)

I just eyed her to what she just said and replied " We are going to Delhi next week because it's my brother's wedding next month and you are also coming with me"

At first she got happy by hearing the news that I just had her but after a second she realised and said " but Delhi kaise....waha tooo...."
(But Delhi!!.....)

Before she can say anything further I interrupted her " I know and that's what I was thinking but you know what it's my home and it's already been 7 years that I have avoided going there because of some old hurting memories and I don't want to avoid or hurt the people who care for me"

Tina muttered " but what if you see him or he will try to approach you"

I instantly looked towards her and replied with anger reflecting in my voice "firstly! It's a big city and second! It's me who has been holding all those memories for years and herse and don't forget he was the one who ended everything...and third! If I see him then she is not more than a mare stranger to me and last one thing you are with me so don't worry and pack your bags!"

She just hugged me at that moment and I just smiled at her actions...

After all this conversation i went to take a quick bath and after lunch we both went to get ready for our work.

I changed into blue danim shirt and kept my sleeves half folded and grey ankle length trousers with slight heels and prefered to keep my hairs free and by adding a lipbalm and face setting powder as a final touch I left my room with my hand bag, phone and sunglasses as it was the day time with a clear weather today.

After leaving the call flat we both left for the hospital in my car . As I entered the hospital it didn't take me a minute to realise that today there was also a huge rush. I greeted the receptionist and went straight towards my cabin.

It was another busy day, another string of patients with their worries and woes. By the time I finally collapsed into my chair at the end of the shift, I felt like a deflated balloon.

After finishing my shift I went outside the hospital and saw Tina was already there with the car ready to take me to my bed my comfort place

As soon as we went to our home we both went straight to our respective rooms to take a quick bath and change into something comfortable after changing we both did our dinner and again went straight to our room by bidding good night to each and as soon a I entered in my room I feel on the bed and within a second the sleep engulfed me.

Sidhi's look

That's it for today my lovely readers and please don't forget to like the chapter ✨

.
.
.
That's it for today my lovely readers and please don't forget to like the chapter ✨
.
.
.
Author's Note
Hey there people I hope you will like my story and here comes officially the first chapter of you and me.
Please support me and my work!
And follow my insta account @whispers_of_hearts143 for more updates and spoilers
And my writings are also available on the scroll stack by the name of @whispers_of_hearts
So go and engage with sidhi and Tina and let me know how it is ...
Till then byeeee...and have a wonderful day 🤍