children

Aurelia's pov

Today is the banquet which is being held in honour of Lady Selene at the royal banquet hall.
It was the most prestigious hall in the whole Rodal because of its great value in history and culture.
Only few events were held in a year so it was even something to take pride in .

The guard at the door announced our arrival.
All the eyes diverted to us .
I felt burdened,these eyes reminded me of the time I died. There was no one who came forward to help me ,they were just watching me die .
I felt a gentle squeeze at my hand . It was father .
"You look pale lia , do you not feel comfortable. Should we head back " he whispered.
Such a person I am instead of focusing on my present ,I dwell into the past . Now there is nothing to be afraid of ,this man besides me takes me as his daughter.
And I know I can trust him .
I smiled at him "no need father ,you know it's my first time ,it's burdensome that's all and anyway we can't go back without greeting the host can we "
"Oh we can " he replied nonchantly.
I just looked at him blankly.
He was karl Striphen who was I kidding.

"Oh isn't that duke Striphen and oh a child ,must be the young lady "
A lady said .
"Greetings to the shield of the sun and empire" Dad greeted her .
A brunette haired lady probably in her 60's responded with a nod and gentle smile .
She was the empress.
I looked at her ,she smiled at me sweetly.
"I greet the shield of the sun and empire"
"Oh ho the young lady has learned her etiquette,aren't you hard on her duke .it's her age to run around"

"Certainly but my lia is just too smart . What can I do ?"
Father what's with the bragging tone .

"Ha ha I never thought I could carry a conversation with you duke. anyway the emperor is right there  . I will greet the noble ladies"
The empress said and smiled at me one last time . Where I thought of her as a typical queen arrogant and solemn she was quite the contrary. A sweet lady who had no arrogance whatsoever.

"Let's go lia should we greet the emperor  and you can skip if you don't want to "
"It's okay dad" I reassured him.

"Long live the sun of the empire " we said in unison.
"I accept the greetings,there is no need for it karl if you don't mean it . "
"How could I dare "
"Look at you sticking to formalities,just like  your father anyway is this the rumoured lady of house Striphens . I never knew that Striphens had a cuteness gene too  .ha ha "
I looked at my father he rolled his eyes .
What father how could you...I am speechless .

"Anyway what is your name young child "
"Aurelia Striphen your highness"
I said bowing down.
"No need child just call me grandpa"
While the conversation was flowing smoothly,with me zoning out .
I was bought back to world by a voice
"The lady looks bored "
I looked up to find a male in his 20's squatted down to my height but still taller looking at me . His blonde hair in a curtain bang hairstyle covering his perfect forehead and his green eyes disappearing when he smiled . With such a perfect appearance and that halo around him I knew he was the male lead .

"I greet the little sun of the empire"I said politely.
"Oh my such a small child knows this much of etiquette, " he smiled I was going blind. damn visuals.
He patted my head .
"Hands away Damian, you'll scare her "
A voice from behind spoke I recognised it . It was lady Selene.
Those damn visuals once again,the way she looked graceful even in a knight suit , In the story she was a side character who lost her life when she was returning from the south from natural cause ,none of the people in her crew made it back and their bodies were found days later. The Rovertole household was depressed ,they were mourning deeply.
The author killed her for the sake of story.

"Do you remember me,lady ?"
She asked squatting down .
"Hmm yes I do "
I smiled
"Really,then you are a brave one "  Prince Damian said.
"What do you mean Ian" Marquise Selene said.
"What ?"
"Do you want to die "
"Look at you so openly giving death threats to the crown prince "
"And look at you calling a member of Rovertole family scary "
"You guys are scary ,have you seen your brother,everytime I come to meet you ,it's like if I weren't the Prince I wouldn't have stepped Outta that palace unharmed "
"You dare , say anything about my brother"
"Ha what ab---"
"I am the child here " I said a little loudly.
Then did they realise They were arguing like childern.

"Yes that's right young lady is the child here " the king out of nowhere spoke and father was just beside him nodding.

When did they come.
"We are so sorry your majesty and duke Striphen for showing such a immature behaviour " lady Selene apologized.
Now the eyes were on Prince.
"Yaa apologies,give it " She kicked him and whispered slowly.
"Yess I am sorry "