save him

Hell na I was going to let him die this time around but the problem was could I effect the story when my character was never the part of original story and not to mention my past encounter with him were really cold while we ate dinning together he spoke nothing,when I greeted him he just hummed what was I suppose to take it as .
And I couldn't afford to be abandoned when I was this little not in this lifetime at least. I wished for love secretly if not openly. I wanted Karl to be a doting father when I knew it was probably unlike him . I wished for at least a warm smile from someone I called family after being deprived from any type of love in past.

As I was determined by the thoughts and was going to meet him at his office I heard some low voices maybe the maids gossiping. Although my seventeen year old in five year olds body didn't care less my step halted on a sudden sentence
"The lady is cursed"
" Keep it slow what if someone hears "
"It's not like they don't know, her father the late duke was send to the war as soon as the late duchess became pregnant with her. After that just a month before her birth he died on the battlefield not to mention she took the duchess life as soon as she was born"
I shouldn't feel hurt they were nothing to me and all of this meant nothing but I was overwhelmed with emotion while all of those complexed emotion caused a turmoil within me all I could do was cry silently .Tears streamed down my face with momentary hiccups I held my doll near my chest and started crying without any noise if the maids were to find out they were definitely going to any lengths to keep me quite. Just  then suddenly someone asked
"what happened " it was karl his face emotionless ,his face cold
he just came . I tried to erase my tears with my small hands .I didn't want him to see me like that and think I was vulnerable. Karl hated vulnerable and weakling he would dispose of them and I didn't wanted to seem like one anyway afterall I was  habitual of hiding all those emotions.
"What happened"he asked in his emotionless voice once again.
I flinched at that I was not used to his voice not to mention he scared the shit out of grown ups so I was just a trotting 5 year old .
This time his voice was a little softer
"What happened"
"Nothing "I replied.
"Then why are you crying"
"Something went into my eyes . I'll go now"I rushed Outta their ,out of his view

Karl's pov

After returning from the training grounds. When I was headed to my office I saw aurelia holding a plushie and crying, what was wrong .
According to the yearly reports I got on her she was a reasonable and placid child . So why was she crying. If it were someone else I would have  ignored them but it was her ,my brother's daughter he had always held my hand in my hardest time and I could never repay him for that.
My sister in law who completed the void of my mother ,left me with a promise to protect the child in front of me.
I approached and asked what was wrong she flinched at my sudden voice I should have been gentler. I again asked but in a gentle voice is everything okay ,why was she crying .
She said nothing and to avoid the topic she said just something fell into her eyes and went away .
Something was off I saw maids chatting infront of my office.