Chapter Eighteen - Safe

Bdubs looked around the room. Everything was just slightly off. The posters on the walls were now either empty or full of nonsense words and shapes, and something was moving at the foot of his bed.

He turned, looking down to end of his bed. A white, bony hand was curled around the bedpost, and Bdubs' eyed widened. He couldn't move. The hands, now two of them, moved closer, until its head appeared. Black voids for eyes and a black mouth filled with teeth. Dripping, red teeth. He still couldn't move. Etho was gone.

This was a new one, different to what he often experienced back home. This one emitted a purplish glow, with feathers randomly dotted around its disgusting body. And it made noises. Bdubs couldn't tell what it was saying, but it was a whispering that almost resembled a human language.

He tried to shout and kick as the monster moved forwards, but his body wouldn't allow him. Tears began to roll down his face, but he wasn't consciously crying. The creature advanced, getting closer and closer to his face, until-

Bdubs jolted awake, gasping for air as if he'd been holding his breath. Before he could even process the fact that he was awake, Etho gently pulled him closer.
"You're safe, Bdubs, it's okay," Etho whispered, resting his head on the brunette's shoulder.

Bdubs sniffed, teats starting to fall again. He wanted to say something to Etho but he didn't feel like he could really manage words right now, instead he turned over, burying his head in Etho's chest and crying even more. He believed Etho when he said he was safe.

Etho adjusted again, wrapping both his arms around Bdubs and holding him as close as he possibly could. He knew it was probably just a nightmare or something but it broke his heart to see Bdubs that upset, it rarely ever happened so when it did something was definitely wrong.

Etho ran his fingers through the shorter boy's hair carefully, rubbing his back with his other hand. "I've got you, you're alright,"

He felt Bdubs slowly relax, his tears stopping and being replaced by the occasional sniff or hiccup. He was probably tired from all that crying. Etho didn't let go, continuing to comfort him until he felt himself start to get tired. He could feel a slight wet patch on his pyjama shirt where Bdubs had been crying, but he was too tired to care as the two fell asleep together for the second night in a row.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
424 words above the line

Yes I know this is the second ethubs sleeping chapter I've done
Yes I know I write too much ethubs
No you can't stop me

(More not-ethubs soon though I just really wanted to write this)

- Volpe

P.S: Marley if you're reading this hi you owe me chips :D