Chapter Fifteen - Dares, dogs and drama (pt 1)

Everyone at at the campsite, aside from the adults of course, were now crammed into the small 4 person cabin, whispering and giggling while trying not to catch the attention of the camp leaders. They situated themselves around, sitting on beds and bunk ladders and the floor.

"Right!" Gem clapped her hands together, getting everyone's attention. "We have a game to play!"

"Everyone take a piece of paper and don't tell anybody your number!" Pearl held out a sunhat, being used as a makeshift basket, full of small pieces of notebook paper.

Everyone took a number, Pearl and Gem too.
"What's this for?" Impulse asked.
"In the other hat is a bunch of truth or dare questions, and whoever has the number matching the question has to do it!" Gem jumped up, retrieving a beanie hat with more paper in it. Nods and mumbles of understanding went around the room, each looking at their own paper.

"Mumbo, you can read out the first one," Pearl handed the hat to him. He rummaged around a bit, eventually just picking one from the top.
"It says... number 3 now owes number 17 £20!" He laughed. Skizz groaned while Lizzie cheered.

"I don't even HAVE £20!! You're gonna make me get a job for this??" Skizz laughed. "Okay, gimmie the hat,"

He stuck his hand right in, spilling a few pieces of paper from the hat and grabbing one from the middle. "Number 9 has to show numbers 5 and 12 their search history," Skizz looked up, scanning the room for who it might be.

"I've got nothing to hide," Doc shrugged, as BigB and Gem walked over to look at his phone screen.
"Why did you need to look up if dogs bark in their sleep?" BigB questioned.
"I dunno, I'm be more worried about him googling 'How to kill a stupid fucking big fly'" The ginger laughed, raising her eyebrows at Doc. He just shrugged, "They're important things to know!"

"Okay, let me read one now," Doc took the hat, carefully taking a piece of paper.
"Number 14 needs to tell number 2 their biggest secret," He looked up to see Scott walking over to Joel and whispering in his ear. "I KNEW IT!!" The brunette gasped, turning to Scott. "Alright, don't go yelling about it to everyone," Scott laughed although he looked nervous. He took the hat from Doc to read out the next dare.
"Ooohh" He grinned as he opened it. "Number 10 and number 1 have to kiss!" He spotted Grian looking desperately around the room for any sign of number 10, right as Scar stood up. He didn't move, however, he stood completely still in place, eyes darting between Grian, Scott and the floor.

"You can go outside if you want," The cyanette offered, and Scar nodded before walking out the cabin with Grian.
"I bet £5 that they're not gonna come back," Jimmy grinned, looking over at Scott. He smiled back.

"If they're outside, who should pick the next one?" Ren asked.
"You can, if you want!" Gem smiled, passing the hat across the room to Ren.

"Number 8 needs to tell the entire group who they think is the best looking person in the room," He glanced up, then back down again. "I'm number 8" He chuckled, scanning the room. Everyone looked at him expectantly, until his eyes landed on Doc. How could it be anyone else?

"Um- I think I'd have to say Doc on that one..." Ren trailed off at the end, embarrassed as he wrapped his tail around one of his legs. Doc looked at him and smirked, obviously expecting that answer.

Meanwhile, outside...

"You know, I never really liked truth or dare," Grian laughed nervously.
"We don't have to do it if you don't want to," Scar locked eyes with the shorter boy, and seeing how scared he looked, stepped forwards to hold his hands. Grian's wings puffed up, folding tightly against his back. As hard as he tried he couldn't look away from Scar.

"I don't- not want to," He stuttered. "Wait, that didn't make sense-"
"No, no it did," Scar cut him off. He leaned in a little more, just enough for Grian to be able to feel his breath lightly on his face.

The brunette hesitated for a second, then their lips met gently as he moved closer.

They pulled apart after a second, eyes locked together. Scar's eyes widened, like he'd only just realised what he'd done.
"Grian, I am SO sorry, I don't know- I don't know what I was thinking, I should've asked first-" He panicked out loud as the blonde simply stood there, slightly dazed.

"I'm going to bed now." Grian said firmly, letting go of the brunette's hands, turning towards his cabin. "Goodnight Scar,"

"Good- goodnight Grian," He watched the blonde walk away to his cabin, simply standing outside, alone in the dark.

He heard the door to cabin 4 open and turned to see Cleo shutting the door behind her and walking towards him. Scar was pulled into a tight hug, and was having trouble holding back tears.
"I- I don't- I'm so confused," His voice cracked as he muttered into Cleo's shoulder.
"I know, Scar, it's okay," The zombie girl whispered, not letting go until Scar did.

The door opened behind them again, and Bdubs peeked around the door.
"Everything okay out here?" His voice was soft as he saw the state the brunette was in. Scar nodded, not wanting to speak, his emotions overwhelming him.
"C'mere big guy," Bdubs ran over to the two, hugging Scar, and although it didn't give the same level of comfort as when Cleo did it, it still helped all the same.

"Do you want to go back in?" Cleo asked. Scar hesitated before nodding, letting Cleo and Bdubs lead him back into the cabin to continue the game.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
982 words above the line

WOO long chapter and 2 in one day look at me go

Also I don't think I'm great at writing angst so I hope it was sufficiently awkward and vaguely upsetting :D

- Volpe