Chapter Sixteen - Dares, dogs and drama (pt 2)

Scar grabbed his Jellie toy from his own cabin before going back to everyone else. He didn't want to think about Grian, and the game seemed like a good enough distraction. He knew if he started thinking, he'd never be able to stop.

"Scar, do you want to read the next one?" Cleo nudged him. He nodded, taking the hat.
"Uhh, number 17 and number 2 need to kiss," He looked up, unsure of who the numbers belonged to and what might happen.

"That's lucky," Lizzie shrugged, leaning over to give Joel a quick kiss on the lips, earning a few "aww"s from the rest of the group.

Joel picked the first piece of paper off the top, "Number 19 must tell everyone who they think is the most attractive person in the room,"

Tango didn't know what to say, he didn't find any of his friends attractive really. 'I mean, Impulse is pretty handsome...' He thought, 'But I don't want him to think I have a crush on him or anything, my relationship status is complicated enough,'

"Uh- most attractive?" He stalled, still thinking of his answer. "Um, maybe Impulse I guess?" He looked down, not wanting to accidentally make eye contact with his friend. The imp laughed, putting a friendly hand on Tango's back.
"Oh, I'm flattered!" He giggled, Tango relaxing and smiling back.

"Okay..." The netherborn took a piece of paper from the shrinking pile in the hat. "Number 16 has to sit on number 11's lap for the rest of the game!" He looked around to see Bdubs standing up awkwardly, waiting for any signal to who number 11 was.

"Um- I have number 11," Etho glanced at Bdubs. They shared a moment of uncomfortable eye contact before Bdubs walked over to where the taller was sat on the floor. Etho nodded, realising the brunette was waiting for some sort of consent, and Bdubs sat himself on Etho's crossed legs, expression unreadable.

Bdubs sighed gently. This was nice. He thought it would feel uncomfortable or awkward but it felt good. Etho's chest was warm through his t-shirt as the brunette leaned back slightly.
"Tell me to get off if I'm hurting you, okay?" Bdubs whispered as he shuffled slightly, getting comfortable.

Etho nodded, blushing intensely behind his mask. He'd never been this close to anyone before, let alone Bdubs of all people. He knew he had to calm himself down before Bdubs or someone else got suspicious, but his heart was pounding in his chest, seemingly threatening to break right through his ribcage.

'Breathe, Etho, breathe.' He thought, taking in a deep breath and letting it out slowly. 'Okay, let's think about this. What are you supposed to do when someone is sitting on your lap?' He shuffled slightly, putting his arms around the brunette's waist, holding him gently. 'Okay, good. Now we stop panicking because this is just a stupid dare that means nothing.'

The hat was handed to Bdubs and he picked a piece of paper.
"Right! Number 9 has to let number 15 read out their last text conversation!"

Doc reluctantly lets Mumbo take his phone and open his text messages. He scrolls up for a moment before he reaches what he's meant to be reading. He gives Doc a puzzled look, his eyes momentarily flicking over to Ren then back again.

Doc sighed quietly, nodding to Mumbo. A look of surprise then understanding came over his face, before offering up a different suggestion.

"How about we read mine instead?" He asked to no one in particular. Everyone either shrugged or nodded. Doc instead took Mumbo's phone, giving him a grateful smile. "Okay, uh, these are to Iskall.." He muttered, scrolling up to the start of their conversation.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Iskall-man: Hallo!

Mumob: Hey
Mumob: What's up?

Iskall-man: You're never going to believe this

Mumob: ?

Iskall-man: Apparently Wels and Hypno just got together

Mumob: Wait, really?

Iskall-man: I wasn't meant to tell you though so shhh
Iskall-man: Yeah, seriously I was sure Hypno had a thing for Xb
Iskall-man: Guess I was wrong though!

Mumob: Wow
Mumob: Of course as soon as I leave interesting things start happening

Iskall-man: lol

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Wait, is that true?" Gem gasped.
"According to Iskall, yes," Mumbo replied, taking his phone back from Doc.
"Huh, didn't expect that one," Cleo commented.

Mumbo took a piece of paper for the second time that night, opening it to read the next dare.
"Number 14 has to call somebody and pass the phone around the entire group without the person hanging up!"

"That sounds more like a challenge than a dare," Scott laughed, pulling out his phone. "I'm gonna call Owen,"

The phone rang a few times before anyone picked up.
"Hi, Owen!" Scott smiled. "Mhm, yeah, I'm good thanks!"

That wasn't Scott's boyfriend, was it? Does he even have a boyfriend? Jimmy thought, resting his chin on his hand.

Scott gave a thumbs up and started passing the phone around the group, first to Joel.
"Hello Owen."

Jimmy saw Scott smile as he heard Owen laugh from the other end of the phone. He didn't feel good. He felt angry, in fact. He wasn't sure why, but something was telling him he should be angry, and who was he to go against his brain?

"Hello, did you have an appointment for this phone call?" Martyn held back laughter, putting on his "buisiness" voice.
"Well I'm afraid we're going to have to transfer you to my colleague, uh, Deborah," He burst out laughing as Skizz gave him a look between joking, panic and confusion as he was handed the phone.

Not long after, the phone was passed to Jimmy. He thought for a moment before immediately passing it on to the next person, he didn't feel like talking to them.

The entire group was laughing uncontrollably by the time Scott had gotten his phone back and managed to say goodbye to his friend before hanging up.

"Oh, this is the last one!" Pearl mentioned as everyone was calming down. Scott took the last piece of paper and opened it.
"Whoever is reading this is the winner of the game! No reason really, I just felt like there needed to be a winner, you know?" Scott laughed as he read the paper.
"I didn't think truth or dare needed a winner but I guess it does now!" Lizzie read over his shoulder.

"That's it then!" Gem nodded, standing up. "That was interesting,"

People slowly started to leave the cabin to go to bed themselves, Bdubs reluctantly getting up from Etho's lap and offering a hand to help him up.

"Do you want to come to our cabin for a bit?" Cleo offered. Scar nodded, following her, Bdubs and Etho back to their cabin. He still didn't feel too good, clutching his Jellie plush tightly and holding Cleo's hand like he was a small child. Cleo didn't mind, she knew Scar would get like this a lot when he was upset, and she just wanted to be able to help him.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
1185 words above the line

Now I'm thinking I should've put the angst in part 2
Oh wellll what's done is done now

There's a lot going on in here but I'm not sure if it's too much for one chapter
Anyways yay ethubs

- Volpe