Chapter Three - Nightmares

"IT'S NOT MY FAULT YOU NEVER TALK TO ME!"

"And it's not my fault you kissed Cleo."

"Pearl, I-.. it wasn't like that. I don't like her. Not like that."

"What was it then? What is any of this?"

"Pearl, please we can sort this out, just listen-"

"You didn't even like me in the first place, did you, Scott?"

"I never said that!"

"Some things don't need to be said."

"Pearl, wait!"

"I'm not waiting for you, Scott. I don't need your explanation, I know what's going on here."

"Wait, please.."

"You're a liar, Scott Smajor. Enjoy your summer."

Scott gasped as he woke up, sitting up quickly and hitting his head on Jimmy's bunk above him. He felt tears begin to well up in his eyes at the pain in his head and the dream he had just woken up from, cursing under his breath and squeezing his eyes shut as he tried to keep quiet.

"Hello?" Jimmy whispered from his bunk, trying to figure out where the noise was coming from. "Scott?"

He heard a sniffing noise coming from Scott's bed, was he.. crying? Jimmy decided he would get up to check on the blue haired boy, sitting up and shifting to climb down the ladder.

Scott jumped as he heard the blonde's voice, quickly laying back down and trying his best to look like he was sleeping, not wanting Jimmy to worry about him but not being able to do much about the tears still rolling down his face.

Jimmy felt his heart drop a little as he got close enough to see Scott in the darkness. He was curled up on his bed, tear trails staining his cheeks. The blonde sat on Scott's bed, shuffling back to lean against the wall, planning to sit there until Scott had stopped crying, or hopefully be able to comfort him if he woke up. Only a few minutes later, he felt his eyelids start to droop, and he fell asleep with his head resting on his arms.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
339 words above the line

A short angst-type chapter just to push the plot along a little, also yay flower husbands!

Eat some ice cream, ice cream is good

- Volpe