49 : || Turn Of Events ||

Start from the beginning

"No, no. There would be just our family."

She raised her eyesbrows in a mocking manner, "Just family? The same family which has more than 100 members?"

Dusshala smiled sheepishly, "I meant only Mata Gandhari, Mata Kunti, Bhrata Duryodhan, Bhabishree Bhanumati, Subhadra, Bhrata Krishna, me and Pandavas Bhrata."

Her fingers halted typing, as her cold heart skipped a beat hearing the names. Well, just one.

Pandavas.

"Please Bhabi. I need to show you something. Come with me, na." Dusshala requested again with a small pout, and this time her heart couldn't say no, as she agreed, shutting the laptop.

Or, was it because of them?

Descending the stairs and striding through the lomg corridors, Panchali came across the high spirits and enthusiastic selves of the workers.

They giggled and carried their work efficiently, still bowing the royal duo while passing them.

Panchali didn't realize where was she going until a huge rosewood door greeted her sight.

The door had intricate designs with expensive stones studded on it. Two big golden handles placed proudly in its centre.

"Bhabi, open the door and go inside." She was pulled out from adoring the rosewood door, as she frowned.

But before she could tell anything, Dusshala dashed out to the opposite, leaving her baffled.

She shifted her gaze at the closed door again. Should she go inside?

After having a short inner battle, just because she wasn't finding things right, she nonetheless pushed open the door.

While what greeted her sight was a pitch darkness and silence.

"What the hell of a joke is this?" She muttered slowly taking steps till the middle of the hall.

There was nothing around except darkness. Well, that wasn't a matter of concern to the one whose life is surrounded only with darkness.

But she was baffled thinking it was a prank. Huffing in annoyance, she turned her heels to go out thinking it was just a waste of time.

But just as she took a step forward, she was surrounded by several fireflies.

Her lips parted open as a little joy unfurled in her heart, by watching numerous fireflies illuminating the dark hall.

Her eyes moved across the hall to find just those fireflies. It was ethereally surreal sight to eyes. A total contrast of enchanting fireflies in the dark surrounding.

She lifted her right palm, as a firefly sat on the tip of her forefinger, making her heart jump with joy. Her lips tucked up in an ever rare smile.

Just as she was processing a little moment of joy, she missed an arrow that went to the ceiling.

She gasped lightly as flowers showered over her. She looked up, too see several petals of flowers falling over her.

The smile that adorned her lips had vanished as her hands caught some of the flowers, and its scent was as intoxicating as always.

Lavender.

Her mind shifted her to that stormy night, where she was running through the field of Lavender, which glowed as the lightning struck across the sky and swayed with the harsh wind.

Her hands shook holding lavenders, still being showered with those. Her breath turned heavy.

Out of everything that trigger her, Lavender was an exception though it reminded her of that fateful night.