"It sounds wonderful, Nell. I'm so proud of you. I'll redo the Stark Industries budget to account for the payroll of clinicians and book a press conference for you."

"Will you help oversee the builds as well?" I asked.

"Of course I will."

"Thank you Mom. I love you tons."

"I love you tons, kiddo."

I hung up the phone and looked around at my apartment. For the first time in a long time, I haven't felt underlying emotions that gave me the itch to clean relentlessly. Maybe it's because I'm coming back into my old self, maybe it's because I've just given myself something else to focus on, or maybe it's because I'm finally learning to move on (some of which has a lot to do with Bucky), or maybe it's a mixture of all three. In any case, I was feeling joy again. Do I think the itch is gone for good? No, I think that's just going to be a part of who I am now.

I kept my professional business suit on as I sat on the sofa and patiently waited for Susan to call me and tell me she was ready. It was just a white turtleneck, high-waisted beige dress pants, and a brown overcoat. The weather has been a little cooler lately, so I've been quite comfortable.

I was two more chapters deep into the Shack, the novel I'd started but hadn't been able to give my full attention to lately, when my phone rang. I picked it up and when I saw it was Bucky, I didn't even start with a hello.

"Are you two on your way back here now? I hope you're dragging him kicking and screaming." I jested.

"Actually..."

"What do you mean, 'actually'?" I said, narrowing my eyes at the wall ahead of me as I placed my book down on the coffee table.

"There's been a change in plan. I'm on my way to Germany."

"You're what?!" I said, shooting to my feet.

"Yeah, there's some terrorist group that Sam has been tracking, and we're going to check it out."

"Who is that?" I could hear Sam in the background. "That's classified information. You can't just tell everyone that."

"Don't worry, it's safe." Bucky said to him.

"Who is it?"

"I said don't worry about it."

"Bucky..."

I pulled the phone away from my ear and stared at it as I heard a scuffle and some arguing. At one point, it sounded like the phone dropped before Bucky shouted, 'fine'. Then there was a moment of silence. The call was still connected, though, so I brought the phone back up to my ear.

"Nell... that you?" Sam asked, louder and more clearly now. He obviously had the phone up next to his ear.

"Yeah, it's me." I sighed. "What were you thinking, taking Bucky to Germany?"

"I didn't take him... He kind of just forced his way on." Sam said, "When did you two start talking again?"

"The day you gave up the shield." I snapped, "What were you thinking Sam?! Look what's happened now? There's an imposter in Steve's place when you know it should be you!"

"I don't need this from you too. I can't change it and I have a mission to focus on."

I shook my head, finger and thumb of my free hand, massaging my temples. "What are the details? I'll come meet you."

"No. It's just recon at this point. If we need you, we'll let you know."

"It's never just recon, Sam. You know this. Let me help."