20

Jaren made Malia cry.

That was something that no one ever thought would be a reality. The gentlest of giants wasn't supposed to be capable of making anyone cry. Especially not someone like Malia.

"She still upset?" Desmond asked Ja.

"She say she good but I know her feelings hurt." Ja said. "I gotta admit, she play the part real good. Or, she really is understanding."

Desmond sighed. "Crazy."

The guard licked his lips. "On one hand, I feel bad but I ain't never tell nobody they can't be friends."

"That boy Jaren a martyr." Desmond joked, pausing the game of UFC. "Ain't that right, Trip?"

Jaren chuckled, shaking his head. "Y'all niggas hungry or what?"

"Lil' bit." Ja said.

"Now that I'm thinking about it..." Desmond started, standing up. "Ja should be mad at Jaren either way."

Jaren grabbed the keys to his truck. "Des, I wish you stop talking about that shit."

"Would you rather Jaren be Mr. Steal Your Girl or..." Desmond thought for a minute, twisting his wedding band. "Or, Mr. Make Your Girl Cry?"

Ja chuckled. "Nigga, I don't want my girl took but I ain't want him to make her cry, either. I know he ain't do it wit' no malice intent."

To the guys, they were just proceeding as usual. Ja didn't know of another way to deal with it other than to joke about it. He was never as close with Tyus as he was with Jaren so it was a sensitive situation.

Ja didn't know what exactly Jaren nor Malia said in their conversation. He didn't know if he wanted to know about it. All he did know was that Jaren and Malia were just gonna be acquainted. It was better that way.

Jaren thought maybe he needed to go to a mental hospital because of the reality of this situation.

"Y'all just talkin' like I'm not here." Jaren joked. "We gotta talk to the Grizzlies front office about gettin' you back to Memphis. You spend too much time out here."

Des shrugged. "We gotta wait 'til offseason."

Desmond and Brook had been spending a lot of time back in Memphis. It was just home to them because of the special element that the city held. Desmond had gotten injured in Milwaukee and they were probably looking to trade him.

"Trade deadline comin' up." Ja said. "We gotta make sum' happen."

"Do you feel that Jaren made the right choice?"

Malia shrugged. "I guess."

"So, what's up?" Sienna asked, sitting forward. "If there's something that bothers you about it then say it."

"Just like... I get it because Jaren is really good friends with Ja." Malia said. "But on another hand, I think that Jaren is also my friend and it's not fair."

"Ahhh." Sienna held her pen up. "But Ja has been his friend a lot longer. A lot of men are more loyal than we give them credit for. From what I'm hearing, these are two very loyal men."

The school teacher crossed her legs on the seat. "I guess but I want to keep him as my friend but I don't want to force him to be my friend. I just already don't have too many people in my life so he's a really big loss."

Sienna thought for a minute. "But imagine that Jaren does stay close friends with you. His feelings will most likely only grow and that'll grow a wedge between he and Ja. That could ultimately cause a lapse in your entire friend group and then-"