9

"Malia, there's no way you actually intend to go through with this." Brooklyn said, watching her slick her hair back. "I mean, you don't even really know him like that."

Malia heaved a breath. "That's the point in a date. To get to know him."

"You wanna know something?" Brook said, crossing her arms. "I wanna marry Desmond as soon as we possibly can. You're gonna need a wedding date."

"Okay?"

Brooklyn laughed. "Okay, Malia."

Despite Brooklyn doing everything in her power to prevent it, Malia had agreed on a date with Killian. She agreed despite being unsure and here she was, waiting for the arrival of the NBA player who was just a year younger than she was.

"How do I look?"

"You look gorgeous, Malia..." Brook trailed off, placing her hands on Malia's shoulders. "But, what about Ja? What about wanting to be with him forever? What about-"

She cut her off, removing herself from Brook. "I don't wanna hear any of that. It's not happening anymore. That part of our lives is done."

The doorbell rang, putting a swift ending to the conversation. Malia gave Brooklyn one last pointed look before the other woman plopped down on the couch.

Brook hoped that this thing with Killian wasn't serious or didn't get serious. He was a good guy and that was cool and all. She just knew however it ended, it wouldn't be well.

Malia opened the door, coming face to face with Killian. "Hey."

"What's up?" He smiled. "You ready?"

"Yep. Let's go."

"So, I take it ya' friends don't like me too much."

Malia giggled. "I'd say that it's kind of a mob mentality thing. We all run in the same circle so the change is weird to them."

Killian smiled. "They want you with Ja, huh?"

"Yeah, but I don't want me with Ja so they're gonna have to stop asking." She said. "It's mostly my friend Brooklyn cause the guys don't care too much."

Jaren and Desmond didn't care too much about Malia's love life. They didn't care too much about anyone's love life. Of course they made small comment here and there but it didn't matter to them as much as it did to Brooklyn.

"Oh okay." He nodded, not thinking much of it. "So, what you wanna do now?"

Malia shrugged. "Somewhere that's private and not around people."

So, against morals and all other things, the pair went back to Malia's place. Brooklyn was not present which was good seeing as Malia didn't have time for what she knew Brooklyn would say.

It was weird walking inside with Killian because he's never been here before and she always thought that if a man was gonna be in her home after a date, it would be Ja. Nevertheless, Malia had been doing a good job at not comparing the two so she wouldn't start back now.

Killian was almost too sweet for Malia to even think of telling him what she thought about. He was too nice and too genuine to be dragged down and put into a situation that was unfair to him. Malia couldn't help the thought that she may have been being unfair to him.

"Damn. This nice."

Malia removed her heels, looking out of the window into the sky. "Thank you."

The sun was setting and the pair had been together all day. Malia wouldn't say that she was tired of him but she would say it was strange to be in a one on one situation with Killian.