15

Malia couldn't be happier to get back to Memphis.

Being in Memphis also meant that Brooklyn and Desmond would be returning to Milwaukee and Malia was alone once again. Ja and Jaren were away on a West Coast roadtrip and wouldn't be returning until later tomorrow.

Malia still hadn't said anything to Ja about the conversation she'd heard. She wasn't sure if she was even going to. Malia didn't believe in getting even but she also didn't believe in playing the fool either.

"Miss Hall." One of her students called, grabbing her attention. "My friend told me you was chaperoning the Florida field trip for band."

Malia smiled. "Girl, what I tell you about yelling in here?"

"My apologies, Miss Girl."

"I am chaperoning the band field trip." Malia confirmed. "And, yes. The Music in the Park field trip is only for band, choir, and orchestra students."

"I'm in orchestra." The girl said back, sitting in the chair next to Malia's desk. "I wish I could go so bad."

Malia tapped her pen, eyebrows raised. "Why can't you?"

"It's a $700 trip."

"How about this..." Malia trailed off. "Finish this assignment, don't yell over the classroom for the rest of the week, and I'll get it sorted out for you."

The girl squealed, making Malia's heart warm. "I love you, Miss Hall!"

"I love you, too." Malia shook her head, looking back down at her lesson plan. "Now go finish your assignment, Alice. Your grade better stay an A, too if I'm taking you on this trip with me."

"Yes, ma'am!"

Luckily, Malia was able to get through the work day without anything pissing her off. Other things were in her mind but to distract herself, Malia drove to Ja's parents house to get good food and a nice conversation.

Kaari was there and hopefully, his mother was cooking. Malia rang the door, listening to Jamie yell at someone on the phone. She answered the door after a moment, her eyes softening at Malia.

"Hi, baby." Jamie sat the phone down. "Come on in."

Malia stepped inside the house, watching Kaari run up to her. "Hey, Ma. Hi, Kaari."

"Lia." Kaari squealed as Malia lifted her up. "I miss you."

"I miss you, too."

"Grandma cooked Mac N Cheese and-"

"Oop." Malia sat Kaari down, heading in the kitchen behind Jamie.

Malia couldn't understand sometimes why Ja chose to do the things he did when his family was so amazing. It made her think she had to take a different course of action. Maybe, it was time for her to start putting hand on him.

The school teacher shook the thought away as soon as it come. Malia would never do that.

"Do me a favor, Malia." Jamie said. "Go ta' Ja house next do' and get my damn crockpot. I sent spaghetti over there last week and he still ain't bring the damn thing back so I ca' wash it."

Malia laughed to herself, standing up to do what his Mom had asked. She wasn't nosy so she was gonna get what she went over there to get and be done with it.

No snooping.

"Okay. Where is it?" Malia whispered, looking around the kitchen.

In the midst of searching for the dish, Malia spotted something out of the corner of her eye.

Attractions: Book 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें