16

"Oh, lord." Malia pinched the bridge of her nose. "Please forgive me for how I'm about to act."

Ja crossed his arms then looked around the room that his younger sister had been occupying the last couple of weeks. He was wrong, he knew but above all things, Ja was going to do what his sister needed him to do.

"I ain't did a single thing I shouldn't a' did." The guard said, shrugging. "You wanna send the dogs afta' me, that's coo'."

Malia looked at him. "Don't act like I didn't have a reason to think what I was thinking. You literally were-"

Ja cut her off. "I know, I got reasons ta' look bad but I ain't committed a crime. Ain't did nothin' you ca' be mad at fa' real. My answers ta' ya' satisfaction?"

She crossed her arms, still maintaining that she'd had a reason to think what she thought. Phone calls, noises in his place, and even an entire purse on his kitchen counter. Malia tried to understand why Ja didn't tell her but it still didn't make sense to her. None of it did.

"Okay." Malia nodded. "Sorry that you were telling someone 'I love you' on the phone and there was girls stuff on your counter so I thought there was a girl in here? If you wanna blame me for wondering, you can't."

Ja nodded. "Aight."

The school teacher, crossed her arms as she thought about the situation. It wasn't about she and Ja anymore. Her main focus was now TeNiya, who sat up in bed.

"Put your shoes on, Niya."

She shook her head. "I don't wanna go ova' there."

"You aren't gonna get in any trouble." Malia said. "They're way past being mad. Whatever the problem is, no one can help you fix it like they can."

As TeNiya walked the short walk next door, Malia and Ja stood in silence. She didn't know what to say and neither did he. Ja wasn't even mad at her. He just wanted to be peaceful with her and wasn't one for the drama.

"I thought you were cheating on me." Malia announced, standing by the window. "I thought about breaking your shit up, throwing hands with you. All that."

Ja chuckled, standing behind her. "What happened ta' my sweet lil' Malia?"

She held onto him as he slipped his arms around her waist. "She's still here, I promise."

The point guard held her, thinking about the two of them as well as everything else in his life. Jaren was MIA for whatever reason and his sister was probably getting her ass ripped into.

Malia still wondered what was wrong with TeNiya but she wasn't gonna intrude. If Niya wanted her to know, she'd tell her and that was all there was to it.

"I would never cheat on you, Mama." Ja let her know. "I'on know if you believe that or not but I ain't never willin' ta' put you in a situation where you gotta question who you is a person."

She smiled, leaning on his shoulder. "That's why I was so confused."

The guard blew out a breath. "But I can't do this secret shit wit' you."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I'on wanna have ta' stop myself from touchin' you when we out together." Ja replied. "I'on wanna lie ta' er'rybody and they Mama about how we just friends."

Malia laughed. "So, you want my DM's to get flooded with insults?"

"Fuck 'em."

The school teacher thought about it. Honestly, they hadn't been very secretive but they have managed to not get any pictures or videos taken of the two of them.