Arc 1: The second male lead and the nominal wife

"ehh? Fiance??? This is the first time I am hearing about this..... Feng gege you never told us about it?" Bai Lili said, her voice carrying a tone of blame.

"So that's why Feng gege was late today. Yi gege nice to meet you, I am Bai Lili a friend of Feng gege"

" Who are you calling gege? He is younger than you"

Feng Yu Xuan said, his eyebrows twitching at Bai Lili's shameless nature

'Yes?!! Yes!! How is someone as shameless as her be the female lead.      ...the heaven's will is blind.' system 00 remarked.

Yu Xuan ignored the system's rambling.

" Since you have already met him, then I will take him away. You two be careful on your way"
Feng Yu Xuan tried to send away the two flies but no one told him that the female lead was stickier than he thought.

"Feng gege, we have already met, so isn't it better to have a meal together and get to know your fiance better" Bai Lili said more as a statement rather than a suggestion.

"Yi ge..uhh... Xiao Yi what do you say? Isn't it better to get to know each other more since we will be seeing each other more in the future?"

Jing Yi's eyes flitted between Bai Lili and Yu Xuan. He was too nervous to make a decision.

He was too shy to meet others, but he also couldn't say no to the girl as she seemed close to his fiancee.

She even called him gege! Jing Yi thought aggrievedly. In the end no one able to say no to Bai Lili and were forced to dine together.

The four of them sat together in the courtyard, Jing Yi sitting beside Feng Yu Xuan across Bai Lili and Sheng Yu.

Yu Xuan say beside Jing Yi, his face devoid of expression like always but his eyes had a hint of impatience.

The female lead had unknowingly topped the general's list of people to avoid.

But sadly general won't be able to do what he thought because he has to appear in important scenes that means he has to interact with the female lead.

The only one happy in the room was Bai Lili who couldn't feel the awkwardness or decided to ignore it.

"Feng gege, are you still angry from Lili? I said sorry before. Please forgive me.... I won't forget to call you next time. Your fiance is here today, let Lili make a toast to both of you"
Bai Lili picked up a wine bottle and moved to fill the glasses and raised her own to make a toast.

Jing Yi looked at his glass nervously. His alcohol tolerance was non existent. He will be drunk within a sip but refusing is impossible QAQ.

He hesitatingly reached for the glass but before he could pick it up, someone else beat him to it.

" If you are so eager to drink then drink yourself, no need to force the child to drink " Yu Xuan drank the glass of wine in a gulp and returned to his position.

Bai Lili paused, her expression ugly seeing Feng Yu Xuan's cold demeanor. She knew that Feng Yu Xuan is cold by nature but this is the first time he has spoken to her so rudely.

He simply refuses to give her face. He had always given into her demands no matter what she wanted. Even when she decided to be with Sheng Yu  and faced opposition from the Sheng family, Yu Xuan was always on her side.

Her heart felt uneasy because of the way Feng Yu Xuan acted, she looked at him aggrievedly.
Did her Yu gege forget her the moment this thing appeared.
Bai Lili stared at Jing Yi, who fidgeted in his seat feeling awkward due to her gaze.

The air inside the room was thick with tension. In the end it was Sheng Yu who decided to break the silence.

"Was it grandpa Feng who chose Jing Yi?" He questioned Feng Yu Xuan ignoring the fact that Jing Yi was sitting in the room with them.

Anyways it was Feng Yu Xuan who made Lili uncomfortable first. You can't blame him for protecting his sweetheart.

"Doesn't matter if it was grandpa who chose Jing Yi. In the end he is the one I will marry"

Jing Yi's heart started racing listening to his fiance's words.

'Isn't it a blatant announcement that he accepts him? Too cool (⁠ノ⁠◕⁠ヮ⁠◕⁠)⁠ノ⁠*⁠.⁠✧'

He gave another thumbs up to Yu Xuan in his heart. His fiance is the coolest.

He looks so handsome and the domineering way he spoke. That's a straight double kill.

Jing Yi who felt out of place between these friends could only fangirl over his fiance in his heart.

On the surface he still seemed like a shy doll, who would get scared if you spoke too loudly.

If the general knew the inner thoughts of his little fiancee, he would surely say that he is even a better actor than the female lead.

Sheng Yu just nodded his head, but in his heart he sneered at his friend.

What do you mean? Isn't it just because Lili chose him instead of you, otherwise would you really be willing to marry this person who appeared out of nowhere?

In the end none of them had any intention of trying to talk except for Bai Lili. But seeing that no one tried to help her, she also kept her mouth shut.

After an hour, what Jing Yi described as the most awkward meal of his life, came to an end.  Feng Yu Xuan brought him straight to their car, leaving the two protagonists by themselves.
He has exhausted his patience of a lifetime.

After leaving the Yue Yang Pavillion, the driver took them straight to Feng Yu Xuan's home.

Feng Yu Xuan lived in an apartment by himself as the Feng ancestral home was outside the city and it took too long to travel to and from the company.

The apartment was in a high rise building with a beautiful view of the city. The decoration inside the apartment was minimal but clean.
The whole house had a feeling of abstinence and coldness just like its owner.

Yu Xuan led Jing Yi to a guest room.

"The rooms are not cleaned yet. You stay here for now. I will let the aunt clean the rooms tomorrow and then you can move in"

"Also we will be going to meet grandfather this evening. Rest for now and then get ready to go to the ancestral home at 5 pm. We will stay the night there"
After saying what he wanted, Yu Xuan left Jing Yi by himself and came back to his own room.

"General is it alright to leave him by himself? Isn't it too heartless?" The system questioned feeling pity for the innocent target.

"No..." He answered, then after a pause he continued, "it's within the original owner's character. If he hadn't been bewitched by the female lead this is how he would have treated him. Like a guest or a roommate. He doesn't like to get involved with others too much"

Thinking what the general said is logical the system stopped questioning him.

Anyways it's not like he can do anything except for feeling pity.

*****************

Small theatre:

Author: yayyyyy!!!!!! I didn't forget to upload today. This calls for a 🎊.

Anyways we will be meeting the grandpa tomorrow. Is anyone excited?
(⁠人⁠*⁠´⁠∀⁠`⁠)⁠。⁠*゚⁠+