Arc 1: The second male lead and the nominal wife

"Jing Yi, here"

Hearing a voice call himself, Jing Yi turned his head, and froze for a second.

He was surprised to see Feng Yu Xuan here. He had seen the pictures of his fiance before but this was the first time he was meeting him face to face.

It won't be a lie to say that his heart was racing a mile per minute.
His fiance was really handsome. Jing Yi gave him two thumbs up inside his heart.

While he was half panicking and half admiring his fiance inside his heart, outside after freezing for a second he quickly made his way towards Feng Yu Xuan.

Yu Xuan stared at Jing Yi, comparing him to a little rabbit. He did seem like he would faint at first sign of danger.

Seeing Jing Yi in front of him, he introduced himself in one word, and helped him put his luggage in the car.

After both of them were seated inside, the car started driving again.

Jing Yi shifted in his seat, too nervous to say anything.

Feng Yu Xuan noticed his small movements but he really had no idea how to take care of a child.

"We will first go to my house and get you settled, after that I will take you to meet grandfather in the evening"
He informed him.

"According to the date grandfather chooses we will go to register our marriage" Yu Xuan added.
After all he had no intentions of playing the faithful spare tire.

He will appear in a few important scenes and stay beside Jing Yi, taking care of him until he dies.
As long as the two of them maintain a respectful relationship and treat eachother as a roomates everything should be fine.

If by chance Jing Yi fell in love with someone, he will let him divorce and maintain a good friendship with him.

Yu Xuan was satisfied with his plan and decided to try to make his fiance feel at ease in his company.

Looking at the child's small face looking around dazedly he felt a little funny in his heart.

"Jing Yi" he called him again

"Hu?!!" Jing Yi who had been lost in his mind was brought back by Yu Xuan's call and turned to look at him, his face dusted with a light blush due to embarrassment.

"Are you hungry?" Yu Xuan asked him again.

He knew that Jing Yi has been in flight for a long time and might be tired, do he decided to take him out for lunch and then let him rest in the afternoon before taking him to the Feng family ancestral home to meet grandfather Feng.

"En?? Ah no... I...i am not really hungr-- grrr" 
Before he could finish his sentence a loud rumble came from his stomach interrupting his stuttering.

The blush on his face darkened. He hoped a hole would appear and swallow him.
How could he make a food of himself in front of his fiance on their first meeting.
Seeing the embarrassed look on the child's express, Yu Xuan decided to save him some face and directly ordered the driver to drive to Yue Yang Pavillion.

Yue Yang Pavillion is a high class restaurant in Jiang city. It is the first place for wealthy families to dine not only due to its good food but also the layout of the restaurant that is divided into different courtyards, in the same manner as ancient houses. Each courtyard has its own small garden and pond, filled with exotic fishes and plants.

The upper class of Jiang city like the classy and elegant layout of the restaurant and the food and service is also top notch to cater to their clients demands.

Feng Yu Xuan brought Jing Yi here, as each small courtyard was separated and provided complete privacy.

The child had thin skin and got embarrassed easily. It's better to avoid running into acquaintances to save the child some face.

Soon they arrived at the restaurant and a waiter led them to their courtyard. Grandpa Feng was quite fond of Yue Yang Pavillion and had a small courtyard reserved for himself all year round.

Feng Yu Xuan took advantage of it and brought Jing Yi here to avoid the delay.

But the people he wanted to avoid the most appeared in front of him here.

Jing Yi was looking around, admiring the various beautiful flowers around the path, and failed to notice that Feng Yu Xuan had stopped moving.
He ended up bumping into his back, his nose turning red and eyes watering at the slightest pain.

He looked up to see that Yu Xuan had stopped moving and leaned from behind his back to see a beautiful pair standing in front of them.

"Though his fiance is still the most handsome" he remarked in his heart.

The pair in front of them was a woman with a small fair face and big watery eyes. She had long black hair, which was left open and fell around her waist. She was dressed in a pure white dress, making her look like an untainted white flower.
The man standing behind him had sharp features and a cold aura. Ge was wearing a black suit.

The two of them seemed opposite but still gave a sense of harmony.

This pair was the protagonist of this world, Bai Lili and Sheng Yu.
Also the people Feng Yu Xuan wanted to avoid the most.

He wanted to have as minimal contact with them as possible but guess the world line can't easily be changed.
He really wanted to punch the stupid plot.

Unaware of his displeasure, Bai Lili thought he was held back for some personal reasons and that's why he was late.

Seeing the man she was waiting for finally here, Bai Lili couldn't hold back her complaints.

"Feng gege, you are finally here. Why are you so late. Yu gege and I have been waiting for you for so long"

She voice her complaints with a hint of coquettishry.
Sheng Yu behind her was also unhappy, but it was because his friend had shown up.
It has been long since he was able to spend some alone time with his girlfriend, thinking that Yu Xuan won't show up today, made him hopefull to have a date with her but they were foiled.

Jing Yi was even more confused. His heart shook hearing the girl address his fiance in such a close manner, he couldn't help hold the edge of Yu Xuan's shirt.

Noticing a hand holding onto her Feng gege's, Bai Lili couldn't help but question Yu Xuan, her voice sounding strange.

"Huh who is this? Feng gege, why is this person holding your shirt?"

Seeing that he had no way out, Yu Xuan decided to bite the bullet and introduced Jing Yi to the pair.

Keeping a hand on his back and pushing him in the front, he informed the two about Jing Yi.

"This is Jing Yi, my fiance.... Jing Yi these are my college mates, Bai Lili and Sheng Yu"
He kept the introduction short and concise still thinking of a way out.

But before he could open his mouth again, Bai Lili beat him to it.

*************

Author would like to say something:

Sorry for the delay . I was not happy with the starting chapters and decided to rewrite them. I feel like they are better now.
I will update the next chapter tonight or by tomorrow...
Please share your thoughts
(⁠≧⁠▽⁠≦⁠)