Arc 1: The second male lead and the nominal wife

"Uncle Wu, please drive towards the airport" Yu Xuan instructed the old driver.

Right now he was on his way to meet Bai Lili and Sheng Yu, who had invited him out for lunch.

But he really doesn't want to meet these love brained protagonists. He fears that they will lower his iq as well.
He would rather spend more time with the mission target and recover faster.

The faster he recovers, the faster he will be able to wake up and return to work.

While his subordinates are all capable, he really can't trust those power hungry weasels, who keep eyeing his corps.
He his power really fell in their hands, the safety of Astra Empire will be compromised.

His grandfather and father both have washed their hands off and retired early leaving him to fend for himself.

Hopefully, his second in command can hold himself against those old geezers until he wakes up.

"00 tell me more about the mission Target"

"Yes general ~
The mission target Jing Yi is an orphan whose parents died in an earthquake. Luckily he was rescued and sent to the orphanage where grandfather Feng visited often.

There the grandfather Sheng met young Jing Yi, who was often bullied because of his soft personality. Grandfather took a liking to this cute and well behaved child and ordered one of his subordinates to adopt him and provided for his living expenses and education.
Jing Yi was a intelligent child, so grandfather decided to send him abroad for futher studies and decided to marry him to his grandson after he returned.

Since Bai Lili has already chosen Sheng Yu, the original owner didn't say anything and married Jing Yi, but he never touched Jing Yi after the marriage and kept himself clean in hopes that one day Bai Lili will leave Sheng Yu ahd come to him.

Bai Lili and Sheng Yu often fought due to the pressure from Sheng family. During one of these fights, Bai Lili who was pregnant and alone suffered abdominal pain and contacted the original owner to help her. But since original owner was not at home, Jing Yi picked up the call and decided to help Bai Lili as he knew she was her husband's white moonlight.

After Bai Lili somewhat recovered, she wanted to leave the hospital, but original owner who had arrived there tried to convince her otherwise.

The two of them were arguing in the parking, when one of the cannon fodder, who liked the male protagonist came there and decided to kill Bai Lili.

The cannon fodder drove his car straight towards Bai Lili and the original owner, Jing Yi who saw the car coming immediately pushed them away but was too late and the car hit him.
Bai Lili who was pushed suffered from miscarriage.
Both Jing Yi and Bai Lili were taken for emergency treatment.

Sadly Jing Yi never made it out alive, while Bai Lili lost her child.
In the end original owner accompanied Bai Lili during her recovery as she was still in a cold war with Sheng yu, and Jing Yi's last rites were taken care of by one of the original owner's subordinates."

"This is the ending for mission target"

System 00 completed reciting and pushed his fake glasses on his round ball like body.

Feng Yu Xuan's forehead ached listening to the ending.

He was even more ticked by the fact that now he had to play the role of the original owner who was treated as a spare tire by the heroine.

System 00 understood what was going on through the general's mind.

"Don't worry general. The original owner may be infatuated with Bai Lili but he never showed it upfront because of his taciturn nature. So you don't need to do anything. Just appear at the important scene once in a while"

Yu Xuan remained quite, he looked out of the window, at the falling snow.
He had no other choice, for the sake of his mission he will have to put up with this.

But once he woke up, he will surely take care of the researcher who put him in this stupid world.

"Master Feng, we have arrived at the airport " the old driver informed Yu Xuan who was lost in his thoughts.

"En"
Yu Xuan straightened his coat, and got out of the car.

His cold eyes looked around the airport, searching for someone, ignoring the gazes his handsome face attracted from the people around him.

"System which one is Jing Yi" while he received the memories of original owner but even the original owner had never seen Jing Yi before, so he could only rely on the system to find his mission target.

The system scanned the airport and signaled towards a certain direction from which a young boy, who looked no older than 18, with a fair face, and fluffy brown hair appeared.

The boy has glassy eyes, with a small mole underneath that changed his whole temperament, if not for him looking around cautiously.

Feng Yu Xuan observed the boy who came out and asked the system about his age again.

"Didn't you say he is an adult. Why does he his face look like a little kid?"

"Well, compared to general he is really a child, but in this world people are considered adults at the age of 18. Jing Yi is already 20.
It's just his face is too innocent that makes him look like a child"

General nodded his head in understanding. Yu Xuan came from Interstellar world where people live until at least 200 years.
People with A class physique could live upto 300 while people like Yu Xuan, with SS+ physique could easily stay alive till 500.

Before he fell into coma, he was only 50 years old. Not even in his prime years.

"Jing Yi, here" general called the young man who kept looking around the airport discreetly, trying to look confident but failing miserably.

*********

Small theatre:

System 00: this system's software is damaged. Dr. Bai needs to compensate the system. Hmph!!
The dog general broke the character and the system is fried trying to hold the plot together (⁠╥⁠﹏⁠╥⁠)

System to readers: the author is lazy and lazy. She forgets to write when she is reading.
Dear readers leave more comment urging the author to update so that general can recover soon and the system can get his vacation (⁠✿⁠^⁠‿⁠^⁠)