Chapter 5

"It's fine, I'm not just

"It's fine, I'm not just... used to this." Reid glimpsed at him, "but a kiss is alright."

Ace nodded. "I'll keep that in mind."

 Reid returned to his kingdom after seven days. They continued to write to each other. 

Hi, 

Thank you for helping out when I was ill, I didn't expect you to go the extra miles considering the distance.

Your arrows of love went straight to my heart, isn't that right? Mr. Archer. 

Expect a visit from me, I trust Reedcoast to look as lavish as its ruler.

Your friend,
Ace.

Reid smiled.
Arrows of love? He's a real charmer.

He turned to his table and dipped a feather in ink. 
Hmm... I should probably tease him too.

Dear friend,

I never knew Ace of hearts was a smooth talker. You played your cards right, I await your visit.

The archer,
Reid.
...

The gates of Reedcoast palace opened.

He gazed at the tremendous architecture. A man in uniform took his bags. "Good afternoon, Sir, please come with me."

Servants in the hallway gave him the side-eye, others stared at him in surprise, and some changed direction. 
Okay... this is odd. Ignore them, I'm here to see Reid.

Reid was with his mother when he sighted Ace from afar, he grinned, and ran to him. "Ace! Ace!"

Ace gasped and opened his arms then he jumped into it.

Reid held his hands and pulled Ace. "Come," he said.

Reid showed him around the castle, then they strolled in the evening, the sunset gave the balcony an orange coloration.

Ace observed him through his peripheral view. "You have a lot of piercings, it looks good."

Reid's eyes brightened. "Thanks! It's six on my ears each and two on my right brow," Reid stuck out his tongue. "One on my tongue and my-" he slowly lowered his head.

"You don't have to say it!" Ace said.

Reid flinched, then giggled. "I was going to say my belly button. I want to get nipple piercings soon, what do you think?"

Ace's eyes enlarged. "Very... unique."
Wow, sixteen piercings in one body?

"Thank you, people don't often compliment our piercings. They think it's extreme."

"I like them," he said.

Reid smiled.

After dinner, they sat down on the couch in Reid's room to chat in the evening. Reid pulled a small box and a lighter from his breast pocket. Ace darted to the floor as he lit a cigarette.