Chapter 3

King Ace left for his castle

In a month, the rulers of the seven kingdoms and their spouses gathered in the heart of Celestia to have their annual meeting.

All seats were filled up except two. The other kings snickered and chortled at Ace for having an empty chair beside him.

"Hey, who kept an extra seat for King Ace? Did you forget he's unmarried?" the king of Rune said.

Volkan King chuckled. "Yeah, the only gay royal rejected him-" 

"Bisexual, get it right," Asher snapped.

Ace lowered his gaze with a forced smile.
This is embarrassing, I shouldn't have come.

The king of Rune looked at Asher. "Nice to meet you, I heard you were homeschooled."

"Yeah, can we start the meeting now?" Asher said.

"Relax, princess, we're getting there," he said.

Asher's nose scrunched. "Excuse me?" he was about to stand when Tristan tapped his hand beneath the table. Asher took a deep breath to soothe his nerves.
I am calm.

Tristan interlaced their fingers and glimpsed at Asher.

The meeting started after some time. They planned the continental dinner party. 

"Everyone must come in pairs," the king of Volkan said, and they looked to Ace.

"You have to get a date, even though they don't fit your preferences," Rune King said.

"They can't see him because of his skin colour," Volkan king laughed at his dry joke, only the king of Rune found it funny.

"That doesn't make him any less of a King. We're all equal," a red-haired guy snapped.

The Volkan king turned to him. "Oh! Majesty midget, I didn't notice you there. King by circumstance, you should keep shut when your elders talk."

The young man's eyebrows wrinkled, he glared— red eyes flamed with anger and disgust. They jolted as he slammed the table with his fist and stormed off.

After a while, Ace excused himself from the meeting. He took a stroll, lost in thought when he sighted the red-haired king in the field— he shot three arrows at a target continuously. 
It's that guy, I should thank him.

"Hey-"

He shifted his crimson orbs, and pointed his arrow at Ace in furry. "Oh, it's you," the king's gaze softened, he lowered the bow.

Ace hesitated, his eyes narrowed to the bow then to him. "Thank you, for what you did back there."

The king frowned. "I hate scumbags like them." 

"I'm Ace," he stretched his hand with a smile.

"Reid," he took it.

They chatted for some time before going back. 
...