Beneath the Crevices.

Wilson was unamused by your presence; that much you could tell. The man was breathing heavily in rage, shoulders almost shaking with every breath that he took, and you kept your gun raised at him, your laser point kept firmly between his eyes.

“What’s the matter, Wilson? You look like you’ve seen a ghost.”

Wilson hissed, shaking a hand at you as he gestured at you.

“This…this is all because of you! Look what you’ve done to me! Had you not joined up with Jason…had you not gone against me, I would have had everything!”

You frowned deeply as Wilson shook his head, growling as pain seemed to go through him, and you hissed out as you slowly began to walk around him, on edge and ready for any attack Wilson might launch at you.

“And stay under your control, continuing to be some fucking experiment? I did what I had to do to get the fuck away from you. Jason knew that as well. He’s the one who told me to go!”

Wilson growled out, a sinister look in his eyes as he grinned sadistically.

“But you never came back for them…you abandoned your post and your people for what? Some quiet alone time in the mountains so you could pity yourself? How long were you going to let Jason and your team rot beneath my fingers!”

You shook your head, yelling back at him as your finger slid to the trigger of your gun as rage began to make your blood boil.

“They were already dead! You killed them! You made them into monsters before providing some bullshit drug that was making them sicker than the actual virus under the guise of a cure!”

“Only for the benefit of the country!”

You couldn’t help but pull the trigger, and Wilson’s head snapped back before he dropped. For a moment, you had believed that you had killed him, the silence after the loud gunshot deafening. Staying still and watching his body, you thickly swallowed before beginning to inch your way towards him. Using your foot, you slowly poked Wilson in the shoulder, almost disgusted by the black and red blood that slowly oozed from the hole in his head.

When the man didn’t move, you slowly moved back and lowered your gun, shoulders shaking as you turned around and walked to a desk to lean against it. Bringing your finger up to the communication device in your ear, you slowly pressed the button and called in Hunnigan.

“Hunnigan?”

Static for a moment, and then Hunnigan replied, making your nerves settle in just the slightest.

“Everything alright?”

“Yes, I-“

Suddenly, the feeling of being airborne cut the air in your lungs off as you were thrown into a wall, and you cried out when your back hit the wall. Aches and pain immediately bloomed in your back, and you slid down the wall to the floor, trying to catch your breath.

Wilson was standing, but his body was bubbling and shifting, the virus in his body completely taking over. It was almost like looking at another mutated Jason the way Wilson’s body looked. His head was split into two large appendages, two eyes on each side of the split head. His shoulders had sprouted large spikes, skin and muscle stretched tightly across his whole enlarged body.