Getting Settled.

Over the course of two days, Leon had kept his distance from the strange woman named (Y/n) (L/n). As he healed and began to get familiar with the home, Leon also began to garner more questions about the mysterious woman who had allowed him into her home.

The cabin was spacious; decorated with a classic rustic theme that gave the cabin an air of home. Leon found it comforting, but there was a guilty feeling that was settling within him. Within the two days since he had arrived, you had spent most of it outside of your home just so Leon could feel at ease.

He was intruding. He was the unwelcome guest…so why did you spend all of your time outside in the freezing cold just so he didn’t feel so anxious? Why did you even care?

Leon slowly sat up from the couch, his spine still sensitive from his broken pincers, and he sauntered his way to the window that faced what was supposed to be your backyard.

You were standing in front of a chopping block, heavy-duty axe in one hand and swiping your sweaty brow with the other. You were panting, having just finished another round of chopping and bundling wood for the incoming brunt of the blizzard.

While it had kept snowing since his arrival, the radio you had on the shelf in the kitchen had warned you both of another harsh wave of snow; a ‘storm within a storm,’ as the newscaster had said it. It would most likely arrive by nightfall, and so you had decided that you weren’t going to take any chances once you both were snowed in.

You were stacking up wood onto a hand-truck, hauling the wood to the porch and right inside to pack it up with the other stacks-upon-stacks of wood you had chopped up in the past two days. When you made it inside, Leon felt awkward and strange just standing in the kitchen as you unloaded the hand-held hauler.

“Hm, that should do it.”

You muttered to yourself, swiping your hands against your winter pants before you glanced over at Leon. He was fiddling with his fingers, looking as though he wanted to say something, and you hung up your hat, scarf, and gloves as you greeted him.

“It’s good to see you up and about. I think we’ll need to change the bandages on your…hm, spikes?”

Leon shook his head, muttering quietly; voice gruff and stiff from not being used for a while.

“...Pincers. They’re called pincers.”

Were they though? Even Leon didn’t really know what the hell the appendages were.

You nodded before restating, giving him a kind smile.

“We’ll need to change the bandages on your pincers soon. The bandages are looking a little gross.”

Leon glanced up at you as you smiled at him, and Leon shook his head, retreating almost protectively.

“I can do that myself. Don’t worry about it.”

You shrugged, replying respectfully as you kept your distance.

“If you insist. I won’t push you. Are you hungry? There should be some stuff to make some chicken pot-pies if you’re in the mood.”

Leon was quiet for a moment as he mulled it over. While Leon was enjoying your cooking, it seemed that you only ever seemed to make soups and stews. It had Leon wondering if you knew how to cook much else, as terrible as it sounded. So, Leon simply asked.