chp 2:- "From Office to Outrage: The Ride to the Airport"

Priya woke up to the sound of her alarm blaring beside her bed. She stretched her arms with a yawn before getting out of bed to start her morning routine. After showering and getting dressed, she admired her outfit in the mirror. "This blazer looks pretty good on me," she thought. She grabbed her keys, headed out, and drove to the office.

Upon arriving at work, Priya was greeted warmly by her staff—no surprise, given that she was the CEO. She made her way to her office, switched on her laptop, and immersed herself in work. A few hours later, her phone rang, and she glanced at the screen with a small smile before answering.

"Kartik, kya baat hai?"
(Karthik, what's the matter?) she said cheerfully.

"Tu phone uthane mein itna time kyon leti hai?"
(Why do you take so long to answer the phone?) Kartik's voice boomed through the line. "Pagal hai kya?" (Are you crazy?)

"Arre, mujhe kaam bhi toh karna hota hai!" (Hey, I have work to do, too!) Priya shot back playfully.
"Tumhare jitni free nahi hoon ki pehli ring par phone utha loon, samjha gadha?"(I am not as free as you to pick up the phone on the first ring, do you understand donkey?)

"Thik hai, thik hai," (okayy okayy)
Kartik replied, calming down. "By the way, yaad hai na, aaj raat ko Ayan ke ghar dinner hai?"(By the way, Remember, there's dinner at Ayan's house tonight?")

"Yaad hai yaad hai," (Remember Remember)
Priya replied, rolling her eyes playfully. "Main kya koi goldfish hoon jo sab bhool jaati hoon?" (Am I the goldfish that I'll forget everything?) She chuckled and then glanced at the clock. It was almost time to leave.

Kartik laughed. "Goldfish se bhi khatarnaak lagti hai tu. Achha, tujhe lene aata hoon. Ready rehna." (You look dangerous more then the goldfish. Okay I'll come to pick you up so be ready)
With that, he hung up.

Priya quickly gathered her things, checked her reflection in the mirror one last time, and then headed downstairs to meet Kartik. He pulled up in his car, honking twice to announce his arrival.

"Tu har baar aise hi bajata hai?" (You horn like this everytime?) Priya asked as she slid into the passenger seat. "Pura mohalla jaga diya tumne." (You woke up the whole area)

Kartik grinned. "Tumhe uthane ka aur koi tareeka toh hai nahi." (Well there's no another way to pick up you) He winked and then they took off to pick up Ayan from the airport.

On the way, Priya started scrolling through her phone. "Toh, Ayan ke ghar dinner ke liye kya pehna hai? Suit ya phir kuch casual?" (So, what are you wearing for dinner at Ayan's house? A suit or something casual?)  she asked.

Kartik shrugged. "Pata nahi. Waise tu toh CEO hai, tu hi decide kar. Main toh jeans aur t-shirt mein aane wala hoon." (I don't know. By the way, you are a CEO, you do it. I am going to come in jeans and T-shirt.)

"Tu toh gadha hai," (you are a donkey) Priya replied, shaking her head. "For sure" he replied
"Casual pehenti hai jabke dinner ka invitation hai toh."(I'll wears casuals while there is a dinner invitation.)
She teased him, but Kartik just laughed it off. Kartik drove to Priya 's house so that she can get ready as kartik was already in casual.

Waiting for so long he got pissed off. "Teri shaadi nhi hai kuttiya, jaldi kar" (it's not your wedding dog, be quick)
she replied stepping out of her room
"Abe harami meri nhi toh kya tere baap ki shaadi hai? Aur tu na uske samne mujhse iss language mai baat mat karna mere izzat hai uske samne" (Hey, you jerk, not mine then is it your father's wedding? And don't speak to me in this language in front of him, I have to maintain my respect in front of him.)
rolling his eyes he shoot back

"konsi izzat be, shakal to tamatar jaisi hai, shareer kaddu jaisi, har Kate suwar jaisi aur akal ki toh baat mat kr woh toh ghas charne gayi hai. Aaya badi mendak baat karti hai" (What respect are you talking about? Your face looks like a tomato, your body like a pumpkin, you snore like a pig, and don't even mention your brains—those must have gone out to graze. Here you are, trying to talk big like a frog!)

"Acha toh ye sab quality ek mendak mai hoti hai?? Areyy baap re mujhe toh aaj pata chala. Ram madat kariye" (So, does a frog have all these qualities?? Oh wow, I just learned something new today. God help me!)

"dekh Priya"(look Priya) she cut him off replying "Abey ja saale dhongi, gaadi nikal. Kamchor "
(Hey, get lost, you phony! Start the car. You slacker.)

"Hn hn aur waise bhi konsa tera wala mere se handsome dikhta h, dekh lena Dayan bache toh tere kaal koyile jaise paida honge" (Yeah, and it's not like your guy looks more handsome than me. Just wait and see, your kids will turn out as black as coal.)

"Kaha ka logic laga Raha re daswi fail, na mai Kali na mera wala toh bacche kaha se kale honge??"
(What kind of logic are you using, you tenth-grade failure? I'm not dark, and neither is my guy, so how would the kids turn out dark?)

"Tu Kali hai"
(You are dark)

"Andhe, usse brown girl kehte hai. Mera toh pata nhi tere bache zarur aadhi khopdi wale honge"
(They call her 'brown girl.' And I'm no less than an apsara. I don't know about me, but your kids will definitely have half a brain.)

Fight like a kid on their whole way soon, they reached the airport and saw Ayan coming out with his luggage.

_____________________________________________________

"यारों के बीच थी छेड़खानी और मस्ती,
बातों में था रूप, फिर भी छुपी थी हंसी।

ये है दोस्ती, जिसमें थोड़ी सी लड़ाई है,
लेकिन इस लड़ाई में छुपी प्यार की खुशी है।"

_____________________________________________________

Here's the English translation:-

"Between friends, there was teasing and fun,
In the conversation, there was charm, yet hidden was laughter.

This is friendship, with a bit of fighting,
But in that fight, the joy of love is concealed."

_____________________________________________________

Hello, wonderful readers!

Thank you for your continued support and enthusiasm for my book, "From Enforced Vows to Endless Love." I'm thrilled to announce that the next chapter will be available tomorrow! In the meantime, I hope you enjoy revisiting your favorite parts of the story.

Your support means the world to me, so if you could leave a vote ⭐ and a comment 👍🏻, it would be amazing! These are small but powerful ways to show your love for the book, and it really helps me out.

Stay tuned for more drama, romance, and surprises. Can't wait to share more with you!