281 | Dangerous Waters

ابدأ من البداية

     "You must be?" Max asks as the woman straightens her back to look at the two properly.

     "My name is Adelheid. I'm the one who called Janus Sinclaire so we can reach out to you," Adelheid answers before looking at River. "Unfortunately when I called, I made it clear that we only wanted to speak with Mr. Sinclaire. We didn't allow a plus one."

     Max glances at River before looking back at Adelheid. "My apologies if I brought someone with me," Max tells her. "But having Sir Sky Hansen by my side is crucial. If you do not allow me to bring him, then we will return to England together."

     "You're very stubborn," Adelheid then comments.

     "Very much so," Max answers back with no hesitation, causing Adelheid to sigh in response, obviously frustrated. He turns to one of the guards and asks him something in German, which unfortunately Max and River are not able to understand. After exchanging a few more words with each other, Adelheid finally turns back to the two.

     "Well then, we will welcome Sir...Hansen...as you insist. But we have a condition that he must follow before we head to our destination," Adelheid tells them, making Max and River look at each other before looking back at the woman.

     "What condition?" River asks.

     "Sir Hansen must be blindfolded the entire trip," Adelheid reveals, surprising not just River but Max as well. "We have confirmed that you have not revealed to Mr. Hansen the address that we sent President Janus, so we will keep it that way until you return to your country."

     "Are you serious?" Max asks in disbelief. He was about to protest with the strange request, but River stopped him.

     "It's alright," the brotherhood leader says. "I came all the way here without knowing where you're taking me. I've worn masks almost my entire life too, so a blindfold won't hurt. Don't worry."

     Max stares at River, making sure he is certain about this. So when River nodded his head towards the heir for one final confirmation, Max sighed and gave in. "Alright, you can put a blindfold on him. But, I must stay beside him at all times. I won't allow anyone else to touch him. He is required to stay by my side the entire time."

     "Okay. That is a manageable request," Adelheid answers with no hesitation. "Now, if there are no questions and concerns left, follow me and let's go."

     Adelheid nods her head at one of the guards who automatically approaches River to blindfold him using a black bandana. When the brotherhood leader can no longer see anything, Max takes his arm, letting no one else touch him like he requested. Max felt responsible since he was the one who decided to bring River on this trip. If anything happens to him here, Max won't be able to forgive himself.

    "I'll guide you," Max whispers as he leads River to the car.

     The two of them sat at the back of the car while Adelheid sat in the driver's seat. The rest of the guards followed behind them, driving the same car model, making it almost impossible for others to guess what car they were really in.

     "You guys are very cautious about this," Max says.

     "It was the master's request," Adelheid surprising answers. "Only I and two other people know the location of where the young master is residing."

     "Well, except for this insane amount of guards, right?"

     "The guards will stop following us once we reach a certain point, and then we will all split in different directions until we reach the final stop where you will eventually meet the young master face to face," Adelheid answers next, which impressed and scared Max at the same time. He didn't expect the amount of effort they had to exert just to keep Klyde hidden.