Chapter 10

"Hello 80970, I am Devin #2 and these are the council, and two people helping us, Devin #3007 and Devin #4178." 

      "I- I know who you are." He stuttered and stopped himself, trying to compose himself before talking to the council again.

      4 would not peel their eyes off of him. They wanted to make sure they took into account every movement and every sound that came out of him. With hawk eyes, they told themselves to remember the stuttering, an indication that he was nervous.

     2 took a peek inside his home and found it fully furnished with pastel colors. An interesting color palette: pink walls, mint floors, yellow, blue, orange, red, all colors you can think off were used for the furniture and decorations. Only the slight white broke off these colors and only used for furniture with two parts. Like the legs of a chair were white, and the seat was a pastel purple. "Nice home."

      He looked back and with a composed smile he replied with gratitude. A compliment helped him feel more at ease. Something that 4 hoped would cause him to feel a sense of safety and tell the truth.

     "You work at The Dana for us as a guard. We noticed that you took out a gun for work and never returned it." 2 took a step forward causing 80970 to draw deeper into his home. "Where's the gun?"

      Two guards turned to look at 80970 and pointed their guns slightly higher than they normally would when at rest.

      80970 gulped and failed to keep calm, eyes twitching and his palms nervously touching his clothes. "I should have told you... but I was worried of getting fired. It got stolen, during work. I set it down for a split second and when my attention was drawn back to it- it. Um... I saw it was no longer there." 

       2 smiled and nodded at this answer, "Stolen? How? You never leave The Dana, and no one would dare break the law." 

       He froze and twirled his fingers in the air, scooting backwards into his home. "Yes well... umm..."

     2 stepped inside his home, the council, 4178, and 3007 were now at the door frame. 2 began questioning him harder, "Did you leave The Dana with an illegal weapon? Did you do it on purpose? Huh?! Stealing a weapon of mass destruction just to show off to people? Or was it to do something more?"

       He felt himself breaking down and feeling claustrophobic. The walls were becoming tighter, the roof lower, and 2 was breathing down his neck. "Please!" He pleaded and as if something had possessed him, his arms lowered, and his head straightened out. He was staring right into 2's brown eyes, "It was stolen from me. Someone must have stolen it to frame me." 

      4 stepped up, "No one stole it though. It was you, we have your data. That gun was never returned. You took it... We know it. The cameras all over The Dana caught you taking the gun out. You are right there, plain as day."

       He scoffed, "Me? When everyone looks the same? You believe that to be me?" 80970 pointed his finger up and waved it, "No. I told you. It was. Stolen. That's. Someone. Else."

       4 lied about this camera catching him in the act, but it wasn't done to have him confess. Though if he did, it would save them a lot of searching for evidence. It was to see how he acted. "You are no good liar. Stuttering, shuffling, hands moving around. Right now you might not have been nervous... but you put your hands in your pockets, you moved your eyes back and forth, and I can see you clenching your jaw." 

      80970 became tense as he stared back and forth at 2, 4, and the two strangers he had never seen. 

       "Make it easy on you. Tell us what happened." 4 stretched their arms as to invite him to tell his truth. As if he wouldn't be executed for his crimes.