Chapter 9

The guard kicked the weapons to the side and put their gun away fully. "Your hostages? Tell me your story."

     4178 gulped and began, "Long story short... We left our house to find medical supplies and when we got back the cars were not working. This one decided to draw attention to us, and it brought back trouble, a gang. They took us in and forced us to raid the capitol. And 1663 here, is a child brought here too as a hostage." 

      Their face looked confused, "Why did they break into Dana?"

      "Because they want to steal the guns, execute the council, and the leader wants to rule the world." 3007 looked around cautiously, wanting to make sure that no one from the gang was nearby. 

      The guard looked worried and stuttered, "Ki- kill the- the council?" They grabbed their gun and pulled back the hammer, "You three come with me. I'll take you the council. We have to tell them this." 

     Hurried, they three stuck with the guard and walked through the arcade room, pool room, and a bar before making it to a hallway that led them to the important rooms of Dana. The meeting room, another meeting room, a science room, tech room, and where the council were at, the forensics lab that was used for autopsies. Making sure that every Devin who died from old age did die from old age and not an underlying disease unknown to the world. And for the few Devins who had cancer and died from it, to make sure it was from cancer and not anything else. 

     The guard could not enter for the fact that all these rooms were fingerprint entrances that only the council and employees in those particular rooms had access to. So, they knocked on the door, "Council, it's guard Devin #66578 and I am here with two people that have something important to talk to you about." 

     After a few seconds, Devin #2 opened the door, a little annoyed but you could only tell from his tone of voice and not his stoic voice. "We told you no randoms in the building. There's are dangerous Devins out there." He looked at the two Devins and noticed a young child standing next to 3007. He looked shocked.

     Before he could ask any questions, 66578 barged in, having to slightly push 2 to get through. His fat and tall build made it difficult to squeeze past. "These people said they were held hostage by criminals who are here now. Broke into Dana to steal our guns and take over Devin after killing you." 

     "What?!" #3 looked at #2 scared out of its mind. 

      He put up his hand and with a wave, calmed #3 and only caused judgmental expressions from the others. "They cannot get in without a fingerprint of ours or the guards. It's not possible that they'll make it in if... IF they can find the room in the first place." 

      Relieved, 4178 felt to ask, "Excuse me, so, there's nothing to worry about? Because his plans of taking over the world are horrifying and could cause an extinction of the Devin race."

     He tsked and shook his head, "Trust me all. He is not going to succeed. Now, you," he looked at 66578 as he waved them off, "tell the guards. Make sure they are all killed if they do not comply with our instructions. You know the drill."

     "Yes, future president!" They bowed their head, not a requirement, but a way to show someone they are greater than you. Then they rushed out of the room and went to tell the guards.

     The door closed behind them and the three were left alone with the council. And now without worrying about the criminals, 3007 really got to scan the room they were in. Counters and drawers which were most likely filled with books about autopsies and its supplies. Multiple sinks to drain the blood and a sterile fridge for organs, muscles, and bones. Then, something caught their eye, there was a man on the table, paler than the usual lighter almond skin tone. They leaned to the side to take a better look as 4 was blocking their view. "Oh my... Is that the president?"