14

"We should record a song together," Bangchan said out of the blue. "Huh?" I asked and looked towards him. I was lying on the sofa in his studio, scrolling through TikTok while he was building a new beat. "I have it finished. We just need to record it," he said, "we can't put it on the new Stray Kids Album, but maybe it's something for you?"

"But my album is finished. It's scheduled to come out next Friday," I said. "I'll finish it until then. You can put it on there as a bonus track," he suggested. "I need to practice first!" I said. "What is it about anyways?" Chan grinned. "Us," he simply said while smiling. Not even two hours later, we were standing in the booth together, Changbin sitting in front of Chan's laptop, helping us record.

***

Don't want nobody else around me
Just need you right here
You're like the only thing that I see
It's crystal clear and I

I want you to come claim it, I do
What are you waiting for?
Yeah, I want you to name it, I do
Want you to make me yours

It's like supernatural
This love's possessing me, but I don't mind at all
It's like supernatural
It's taking over me, I don't wanna fight the fall
It's like supernatural

Gotta be rooms up in this party
We can take our time
You said you want it in and on me
Girl, you read my mind

I want you to claim it, I do
What are you waiting for?
Show you that I can take it
Want you to make me yours

It's like supernatural
This love's possessing me, but I don't mind at all
It's like supernatural
It's taking over me, I don't wanna fight the fall
It's like supernatural

No I don't even mind at all
It's like supernatural
Don't even mind at all

I want you to come claim it, I do
You to come name it, I do

It's like supernatural
This love's possessing me, but I don't mind at all
It's like supernatural
It's taking over me, I don't wanna fight the fall
It's like supernatural

No I don't even mind at all
It's like supernatural
Don't even mind at all
It's like supernatural

***

"Don't you think this will make rumors explode?" I asked as I listened to the recordings later on. It was so good, I already couldn't get it out of my head and it wasn't even finished yet. "Probably," Chan said, "but I guess I don't mind at all." "We could argue that it's just a song," I said and looked at him. "Yeah, or we could just not argue at all and not say anything about it," he said.

I smiled a little. "I can do that, Boss," I joked and leaned my head against his shoulder. Changbin already left, but Chan was still working on that song. I looked at my phone. "It's like 1 a.m, Babe. Let's go home. You can work on that tomorrow," I said, but Chan shook his head. "Gotta finish it. When I pull an all-nighter, it will be ready by morning," he simply said. I furrowed my brows in concern.

I knew he didn't sleep much, but at this point, it was concerning. "No. You're not pulling an all-nighter," I said. He looked up at me. "And who are you to boss me around?" he asked. He didn't say it in an offensive way, more in an amused way. "I'm your concerned girlfriend. I know exactly that you do that frequently and it's not healthy! You can't go to sleep for just two hours almost every night, if you sleep at all," I argued. "But-" he started, but I shook my head.

"I won't argue. We go home now and we go to sleep right away. And you will get at least six hours of sleep or else I will tie you to the bed," I said, standing up. He sighed, saved everything on his laptop, and closed it. "Fine," he mumbled and stood up as well. "And you know exactly that I sleep better with you. I still tend to overthink," I said, slinging my arms around him and hugging him tightly. "I know. I sleep better with you in my arms too. It's the only time I get proper sleep," he mumbled in my hair. "I know," I whispered, "come on, let's go home."

***

When I woke up the next morning, Chan was still asleep next to me. I knew that he didn't have anything scheduled before the afternoon, so I let him sleep. He needed it badly. So I just snuggled up a little closer and closed my eyes again. That was when he pulled me closer to him and mumbled something. I couldn't quite get it because he was still half-asleep and wasn't opening his mouth properly. "Hmm?" I just asked, enjoying the warmth of his body that made me feel so safe.

"I love you," he mumbled more clearly this time. I stiffened. My heart stopped beating. He never told me that before. But as soon as I realized what those words meant, I understood that I felt the same. And I relaxed again. "I love you too, Channie," I whispered.