Mr Picky Eater Ex Has A Secret (2)

[LAST PART]

...

The wedding dress shopping spree was a total hit, Jennie finalized. Last night, she met Jimin and she and her friends—just maybe exception of Taehyung—spent like four hours getting the wedding invitations ready, like putting the receiver's name or/and address. Taehyung acted fishy, and he has even turned down the snacks that Lisa brought out.

But Jennie shrugged it off, thinking that it was normal that he might be on a diet but remembered the fried rice and let it go. It seems like he is trying to hide something, and she needs to find out soon, period.

Apparently, the bridesmaids' dresses are a shiny sparkly silver while Rosé's dress was a bright white masterpiece. After that, the girls and the boys met in a cake cafe and Jennie brought Taehyung to the counter, wrapping arm arm around his.

Taehyung confidently ordered the others's favorite cake. And he surprised her, giving a plate of chocolate cake with ice frosting on top. "I know it's your favorite, try it."

Jennie's heart warmed as the worker gave a plastic spoon to her. She scooped out a chunk of the cake, moaning softly as she ate it, the frosting melting in her mouth, as her eyes lit up, cheeks bulging that he couldn't help laugh. She thought, as she scooped a chunk and extended it, cheeks red.

"Huh? What is it?" He asked as he has been given the orders, and they started to walk towards the table where everyone is waiting.

"Try it. I realized you didn't order for yourself." Jennie shrugged, holding the spoon to his mouth. He stopped and he opened his mouth, knowing he's going to regret this at the end. But for Jennie, he will do anything just to make her smile.

Jennie fed him and he tasted it in his mouth, shrugging. Then his stomach was recoiling and he gulped, quickly giving the rest their cakes and excusing himself as he found the nearest restroom. After this, he needs to check his weight.

He came back, holding his stomach as his face was scrunched in a grimace, sitting. Jennie looked at him worried and patted his shoulder.

"You okay?" She asked softly.

"Yeah, just vomited." He shrugged. "Must be from something I've eaten earlier." He made up an unbelievable lie.

"But you only ate chips and soda for the whole day." Jennie declared and he froze, realizing it. His eyes searched the cafe as if trying to find an escape route.

"Yes, but in some cases, they can cause you to vomit. Tae was eating and drinking so fast so it's understandable!" Jungkook butted in just in time as the rest nodded, albeit nervously. Jennie was confused as she shrugged, not pressing the topic at all further.

How can I keep this from her any longer? I need to tell her, even if she hates me just finding it out, Taehyung thought. But his face etched a mask of horror as Jennie slid her half-eaten chocolate cake, him groaning on the inside.

"Come on, eat." She gestured him but he refused, sliding the plate back with tight pursed lips.

"I don't want to eat!" He snapped at her after Jennie's futile attempts to get him to eat. She flinched, blinking back tears. His heart was breaking and he felt just like a monster again, reminded of the fact that he left her without another word. Broke her and pretended it was alright when it wasn't alright.

After eating the cakes, they split the bill, and payed but Jennie didn't notice one of her friends, Roseanne, getting a paper bag from the cashier on the way out, putting it inside her back.

Indeed, she didn't know.

The next day, was the pre-wedding shoot. Jennie was a little surprised, seeing that, Taehyung was best man. However, they're dressed in a sparkly red dress and three-piece suit and posed in front of a camera in the photography studio.