Mr Cold and Mrs Sarcastic (2)

[PART TWO]

...

Taehyung couldn't sleep that night at all as his thoughts were all because of Jennie. He couldn't really understand why he's so bothered about a careless rich heiress.

Morning arrived and Taehyung came down the stairs with disheveled hair and eye bags. Once he had met Jennie in the dining room, Jennie was dumbfounded by his appearance.

"Taehyung, what happened to you? Didn't you sleep well last might?" Jennie asked in a soft gentle voice. If she wasn't a mere human, Taehyung would've swore she's an alien!

He looked at her in a daze, unable to say anything. After a while, he stepped out of his stupor and blinked.

"Yes, just got a lot on my mind, ma'am." He said respectfully and Jennie shrugs. "Come and sit down, let's eat."

Taehyung squinted. "You can...cook?!"

Jennie looked at Taehyung as if he had grown three heads. But then she laughed, feeling amused. "No, I can eat garbage."

Taehyung rolled his eyes, having enough of her sarcasm. What has he ever done to be in this situation?!

"Anyway, can't I learn how to cook otherwise how will I survive on my own? I have to be independent." Jennie raised a brow.

"But people said you have millions of maids working for you so you wouldn't have to rest." Taehyung recalled a rumor he had heard.

Jennie's face suddenly turned serious as she sat down silently, propping her chin on her fist. "Please sit."

Taehyung cautiously sat down in front of her, getting himself a slice of bread and began to spread butter on it, looking at Jennie with an unfathomable emotion in his dark eyes.

"You don't have to behave so alert and cautious around me all the time, made me feel like a villain of some sorts." Jennie sounded quite uncomfortable and it made Taehyung ease a bit.

"The rumor of the maids is so old, can't still believe people even dared to spread rumors about me. What rumors have you heard about me?" Jennie blinked cutely as she pulled her lips into a pout.

Taehyung somehow felt hesitant to tell her and worse still, he's a bit afraid that he might hurt Jennie's feelings.

Is Kim Jennie even capable of being hurt?

Taehyung spoke. "Well, some rumors said that you're very mean and rude and you're a player."

Jennie didn't answer, just smirked and she leaned against her chair, not able to even eat her porridge. Even behind her unbothered smirk, Taehyung could see how hurt she was feeling.

"Well, it's quite hurtful." She said with a tint of sarcasm and rubbed her face. She is quite tired of being in the rumors that was not even true.

"Let's say I know you think of me that way based on the rumors." She said; it wasn't a question or command, it was rather just a truthful statement.

Taehyung felt his heart breaking.

She is definitely hurt and upset.

"But I would never blame you on seeing me that way. I might even become like what the rumors said about me because I dared not, you know why?" Jennie raised a brow.