Love Is Always There For Us

Jennie has a crush on Taehyung and is even friends with him but doesn't really believe in love anyhow so it's up for Taehyung to prove to her that love is always there.

...

Jennie raised up the binoculars, peered into it, and by the window next door, is a couple fighting. She made a 'tsk' with her shaking her head. Love is not real. Maybe all the couples around me are faking the love.

She pulled away her binoculars, getting a journal and jotting down her observation. She wasn't even the type to spy on people for reckless stupid reasons but it started way back.

She was just fifteen when her parents got divorced. Their relationship strained too much ever since Jennie was born and they had enough of it, divorcing, fighting child custody over Jennie and her mother won, taking her in. Jennie was super young but she wasn't stupid. She knew how the mere outside world work anyway. Burdened as well as scarred by her parent's failed and unsuccessful marriage, she became very paranoid that if she gets in a relationship, it will fail.

And yet, has a crush on Kim Taehyung, a popular boy at school and managed to be a close friend of his, finding ways to keep their relationship intact by hanging out, and often having sleepovers too. Jennie had to suppress her feelings every time she sees his face. It was hard, but it's so worth it in the end.

Love is not real. She kept telling herself. She saw sad romantic movies which was not romantic to her anyway, reading sad angst romantic novels, and spying on the neighbors and seeing their relationship...it kept straining by every passing day. She could've swore she sometimes hears some screams and sounds from there, but chose to ignore it. It's none of her business.

"Wiring down stupid fake points about love again, Jen?" Taehyung's amusedly voice rang perfectly in her ears and she looked up, peering at the overnight over bulging bag.

"It looked like you're staying for a whole month?" She pointed out, twirling a pen through her fingers. "So what if I'm just simply writing real facts, not fake points about love?" She raised her eyebrows so smugly.

"I think I am staying for a moment. Need to do laundry and that's it." He answered, a bit unsure of himself. Jennie laughed as he left, probably to get to the guest room, and coming back in.

"You know, Jen," he was saying, "love is real. You just never experienced it." He laid on Jennie's bed like as if he's been there forever.

Jennie's heart sped up, feeling like there's a challenge. "Of course." She scoffed. "So explain me why the couple next door was having a strained relationship?"

Taehyung looked convinced like he just realized Jennie was being serious about "love is not real" point. "Spying on them? Really, Jen, the next thing I knew, is you will be a stalker."

"Ugh, just answer me." If this was her own naive self back then (when she was not yet friends with him), she would slap herself, but they're close and it's natural really to be annoyed with him.

"Every relationships have their ups and downs. Like for instance, my parents, it was normal for them to fight because it's giving them a chance to make up and to sort out their differences." He answered maturely and for a second there, Jennie almost believed him.

"My parents?" She snorted.

"Not every relationship needs to last too, Jen. Maybe it's just fate or for the best for your parents to break up." He shrugged as his legs dangled over the bed. "Damn, I'm being so comfortable here, I want to sleep badly."

Jennie cheeks went red. She was a bit shy that he liked the comfort of her bed. "The last time you slept here, Mom had to pull you off and she nearly hurled you out of a window due to impatience so I think it's best to ignore sleeping before dinner or anything in this household," she almost grinned at him.