Chapter 8 Puppy, Pitayi & Paratha

Nikky was over the moon to see the puppy. He patted him and the puppy licked his hand in return. Nikky laughed at his gesture. Arjun sat down with nikky "do you like your gift bachcha?"

Nikky nodded enthusiastically "nikky love puppy. Thank you deda." He said and kissed arjun on the cheek and picked the puppy and took it towards others to show them.

Nikky "chachu, jojo, bua, bhaiyu, jb see puppy. Deda give puppy."

Jeet took the puppy from him and hung it over his face "kitna cute hai ye, bilkul jai jaisa."

Jai ignored the tease and came forward "mujhe bhi do, mujhe bhi dekhna hai. God he is so cute." He said trying to take the puppy from jeet

Jeet "peeche hatt, let me play with him first."

Maan "bhaiya please sabko dekhne do na."

Tanu "haan mujhe bhi dekhna hai, de na abhi."

Nikky "no, nikky play first. Give nikky puppy."

Jeet who was still hugging the puppy like he was a child spoke "arjun se dusra mangwa le, ye to mere saath jayega."

Maan "badi maa allow karengi?"

Jeet sighed and shook his head sadly. Gayatri is the only reason why they don't have a dog at home.

Maan "haan to let everyone have a turn, stop hogging the puppy."

Jeet passed the puppy to rohan who was standing next to him "waise iska naam kya hai arjun bhai?"

Arjun "abhi koi naam nahi hai, he is just 3 days old so nobody has named him yet."

Tanu "haan to iska naam nikky rakhega."

Jai "bata nikky kya naam rakhe iska?"

Nikky thought for few seconds and then spoke "shadow."

Arjun "why shadow bachcha?"

Nikky "shadow black, puppy black."

Rohan "arre wahh hamare Einstein."

Arjun "very smart bachcha, we will call him shadow from now on." He said ruffling nikky's hair. It's then that his gaze fell on arhaan who was standing at the back of the room all alone with his eyes wide with fear. "Wahan kyun khada hai aru? Tujhe nahi khelna shadow ke saath?"

Arhaan shook his head vehemently "isse ghar se bahar nikalo bhaiya. He is not staying here."

All gasped and looked at arhaan as in they have seen an alien.

Tanu "have you lost your mind aru?"

Jeet "mana shadow tujhse jyada cute hai par itni jalan bhi theek nahi hai saale sahab."

Jai "arre bilkul theek hai jalan, arjun bhai you should listen to arhaan bhai, aap mat rakho shadow ko yahan, main isse apne saath ghar le jaunga." He said cradling shadow in his arms

Nikky got angry hearing that "no jb, bad jb. Shadow nikky gift, stay with nikky." He said taking the puppy from jai.

Jai just pouted and looked at jeet and maan "mujhe bhi aisa puppy chahiye. Mujhe kabhi koi pet gift nahi karte aap log."

Arhaan "koi nahi, main kar raha hu, isse hi le jaa, he is not staying here."

nikky "shadow stay." He said firmly holding the puppy closer to his chest.