Chapter 4 The Gust of Wind & Midnight Paratha

Arjun and arhaan took nikky to the hospital who for a change was thrilled to go to the hospital. Since Nikky met dr. Nimit he no longer throw tantrums in meeting someone regarding his health, on the contrary he loves to meet dr. Nimit and thinks of him as a friend. Arjun picked him up and took nikky towards the pediatric ward. When their turn came and they went in the doctors cabin nikky went near nimit and hugged him tightly "nimit" he squealed.

Nimit also hugged him "how's my favorite patient."

Nikky pulled back "nikky sick, have fever. Nikky head hurts nimit. Throat not feel good. Nikky not well." He told him making a sad face.

Nimit chuckled "and still nothing can beat your spirit." He said picking the infrared thermometer from his table.

Nimit asked him sit on the small chair next to him and nikky obliged. Nimit checked his temperature, then his throat and then asked him to take a few deep breaths. Nikky did everything asked by nimit. Soon nimit was done with the checkup and wrote prescription for nikky. Nikky played with the toys there while arjun picked nimit's brain about precautions, medicines and diet that they should follow for nikky. Nimit was amazed how soon arjun adapted to the role of a father, he remembered how arjun didn't had anything to ask about nikky when they first met. That day arhaan was playing the role of a guardian but today arjun was there as a father both in name and actions. Arjun was concerned that day as well but now his concern has increased manifolds while being mixed up with fatherly love and anxiety.

Nimit "Don't worry mr. Shergill, he is fine, it's just the change in whether because of which he has fever. He will be fine by tomorrow."

Arjun "okay, but he just doesn't rest. Kitna bhi bolo sunta hi nahi hai. Aaram nahi karega to theek kaise hoga."

Nimit smiled at his concern "bachcha hai mr. Shergill, bachche aisa hi karte hai, they don't rest till they have an ounce of energy left in them. If he is playing that indicates that his condition is stable. Try to make him sit and play in one place but a little running and jumping won't harm either. Don't worry he is a strong boy."

Arjun relaxed a bit "okay, thank you dr. Gupta."

Nimit "you're most welcome."

Arjun "let's go boys." He said to aru and nikky who by now were busy playing with a toy train.

Arhaan "bye doctor gupta and thank you." He said smiling.

Nikky once again came near nimit and hugged him "bye nimit." He said and pulled away

Arjun "nikky that's doctor nimit or sir to you bachcha. You shouldn't be calling elders by their name."

Nikky's pouted at once, nimit saw that and pulled him back in a hug "it's fine mr. Shergill. We are friends, he can call me by my name. Right nikky?"

Nikky nodded with a huge smile. He waved once again and all three left from there. They were about to exit the hospital when arhaan saw nivedita coming out of her car and hasted to meet her.