Chapter 14 The Valentine Week

It was the last week of college for the three boys. Arhaan came to arjun's room all dressed up. Arjun was giving himself a quick lookover when he saw his brother all ready to gain attention. Arhaan moved towards him "bhaiya aapne wo nikky ki birthday party wale din kaunsa perfume lagaya tha?" He asked going through arjun's dresser

 Arhaan moved towards him "bhaiya aapne wo nikky ki birthday party wale din kaunsa perfume lagaya tha?" He asked going through arjun's dresser

Arjun "ye wala." He said pointing towards a bottle.

Arhaan tried to pick it up but arjun stopped him "not so fast beta, aaj itna saj dhaj ke kahan jaa raha hai?"

Arhaan "college."

Arjun "roj to aise ban than ke nahi jaata tu."

Arhaan offended "do you mean I dress shabbily bhaiya?"

Arjun "yes, you hardly care what you wear. You are so careless about it that i have to force you to change your clothes if something gets spilled on your attire during breakfast."

Arhaan "kya bhaiya sirf 4 baar hua hai aisa aur usme bhi maine 3 baar kapde badle the."

Arjun "exactly my point beta. To mera ye too casual bachcha aaj kisliye itna bana sawra hua hai?"

Arhaan "aaj date kya hai?"

Arjun "10th feb, to?"

Arhaan wanted to tease arjun so he replied accordingly "its valentine week bhaiya. I have to dress to impress."

Arjun raised his eyebrows "aur wo kyun? Kisse impress karna hai tujhe?"

Arhaan  "nobody in particular but i don't want to remain single for long bhaiya. I also want to explore my options." He said in a flamboyant manner

Arjun was shocked at his child's boldness "don't you think you are too young for all this bachcha?"

Arhaan wanted to roll on the floor laughing, he has never seen his brother looking so shocked and scred at the same time "i am 18 bhaiya." He said as normally as he could

Arjun thought for a few seconds and realised that his brother is a young adult now. A young adult with raging hormones. A young adult with raging hormones and who is ready to explore his options. The thought seemed repulsive to arjun. He needed to do something, he needed to give his child a much needed talk about all this. Arjun tried to come up with something that he can say to arhaan to make him understand but even thinking about it made arjun feel uncomfortable and gulp.

After thinking for a few more seconds he held arhaan's hand and made him sit on the bed. He himself pulled a chair near and sat opposite to arhaan. Arjun thought for a minute then started to talk in a hesitant manner "aru beta, dekh teri umr me aisa feel karna normal hota hai. This is exactly what happens in puberty. Is age me hume lagta hai that life is just about having fun. And sometimes that fun is not exactly good for us and we fail to understand that our thoughts are clouded by the raging harmones in our system. When we give in to our bodily urges it does give as momentary pleasure but..............