008

for some stupid, unknown reason, Delaney Jones was set in her ways about joining their band. sure they were dicks most of the time, but they're fucking good musicians. so, she invited them over to her house to prove to them that she should join. 

standing at her kitchen island, Laney prepped an entire charcuterie board for no reason at all. she also had a variety of drinks, just incase they were thirsty. 

the poor girl was stressed out. 

she never really had anyone over, not even her friends. she was just.. embarrassed by her fathers behaviour. thankfully, he was at work until Sunday, meaning, she had free will, again. 

Delaney went upstairs, into her large bedroom. the walls are covered in posters of her favourite bands, indie rock being the main genre of music she listened to and played. the teen changed into comfier clothes, opting for a pair of wide leg trackies and a large crewneck. 

then the doorbell rang, and anxiety rushed through her body. she immediately ran as quick as possible down the stairs, being careful not to slip on the way down. "hey!" she said, out of breathe, opening the door to see Spider, greeting him as if she had not seen him at school. 

"come in come in," Laney shuffled to the side, letting her into her home. "nice house," he nodded his head, looking around at the artwork displayed on most of the walls. "thanks," she gave him a tight lipped smile, picking at the skin around her nails. "oh, ant and dusty will be here soon, they texted me a few minutes ago," Spider told the girl, as they walked into the kitchen. the two made slightly awkward small talk about charcuterie before the doorbell rang again. 

Dusty and Ant arrived, Laney greeted them both with warm smiles, "so.. i guess we should go to the studio," she shrugged her shoulders, though her sentence caused the three teens to look at each other confusedly. 

"you have a studio?" Ant asked, falling into step next to the shorter girl, as she nodded her head in reply. "it was my mums, she was a musician, played almost every instrument," they followed her throughout the house, making their way to a spare room. "i spend most of my time in here," she opened the sliding barn doors to reveal a large sound proofed room, with multiple guitars, a drum kit, microphones, and a piano. "holy shit, this is sick,"  Dusty's eyes widened as they took in the beauty of the room. "i feel like we have to let you join now, and just use you for this," Spider joked, his fingers running over the keys of the piano. 

Delaney placed the charcuterie board on the coffee table, "so.. do i just, like, play a song or something?" she asked inquisitively, standing there rather awkwardly. "i guess, show us what else you can do," Dusty's dimples showed as he smiled, no wonder why Harper finds him attractive. 

she already knew what song she was going to play. one she wrote, the one she's most proud of so far. 

"Ant, if i gave you sheet music, would you be able to play the drums?" Laney picked up her bass guitar, as well as the black notebook which was lying on the coffee table. "i guess so?" he shrugged in reply, standing up from the comfy couch to walk over to the brunette, who was holding the notebook out for him to take.