001

DELANEY JONES is a simple human being. she has her music, books, and her friends. that's all she needs, really. her family life is shit, yeah sure, she's upper middle class, but her dad is always away on business trips and her mum is.. well..

dead

ever since her mother died, Delaney was always told by her father that she was the problem, that she was the reason why she died. her coping mechanism for this was alcohol and the occasional smoke or two.

as she got ready for her first day back after the school holidays, she takes a swig of vodka out of a flask, before plopping it into her schoolbag. another year at Hartley High, yet its the same every single time she goes back. she gets to school, goes to her classes, has the rare conversation with a few people, hides behind the sports shed at lunch, smokes, packs her bag and goes home.

but today isn't going to be one of those days.

Delaney drives a Toyota Camry, fancy, right. it has a sex wax air freshener, coconut scented, and is absolutely trashed. "Bye dad!" she shouted, getting into the old car. not many kids in her year level at Hartley have their license, so she thinks of herself as one of the privileged ones.

"Here we go again!" the brunette heard as she stepped out of her car, locking it once she closed the door. Delaney turned her head to see Missy, her best friend since year 7, leaning up against the boot of her car. "back to the shit hole that's Hartley" She added with a dramatised sigh.

"Hey Delaney, Have you seen Harps?" Amerie Wadia joined the two girls, followed by Sasha who's sipping her iced coffee. "Nuh, haven't spoken to or seen her since the last day of school" Del adjusted the strap of her tank top as they walked through the gates of hell.

"missing your fifth witch?" Spencer white, known as Spider to his classmates called out from the wall he's sitting on. "piss of spider" Sasha rolled her eyes at the blonde teen.

The group continued their walk to home group, but Delaney trailed behind, her eyes glued to the ground. that is, before a random student, presumably a year 8, ran into the courtyard. "Oi! There's a fully-gacked sex map in the old stairwell-It's called the incest map!" this spiked her attention. students star sprinting towards the stairwell. Though Amerie is standing still, almost in shock. "the fucks up with you?" Delaney chuckled sarcastically, before grabbing Amerie's sleeve and pulling her with her.

"What in the kids helpline?" Darren stated, their jaw practically to the floor. that year 8 was right, its full out covered, different pens meaning different things. Del's eyes raced over the map as she tries to find her name,

Dusty, Hailey, Sasha, Nathan, Quinni...

and there it is, in bubble writing, Delaney Jones (hard to get)

her name is only connected to a few people, Sasha, who she made out with on year 9 camp, Missy, who she also made out with on year 9 camp, Ant, which was a casual hookup, though the two of them decided it was best to stay friends, and a few other random's names.

"Oi laney! i didn't know you swing both ways, kinda hot" Spider's voice snapped her out of her thoughts, "Oi Spider! shut the fuck up" Delaney rolls her eyes at the boy, before grabbing the strap of her backpack and walking out of the claustrophobic building.

The teachers ended up finding out about the incest map, mainly due to the commotion it caused among the students. An emergency assembly was initiated by Woodsy, the principal of Hartley high. Delaney walked into the crowded hall, trying not to bump into other students as she made her way to a free seat, which happened to be next to darren and quinni. She muttered a small hi to the two of them before taking a seat.