48 : || Lavender Haze ||

Start from the beginning

"Well, I don't know much about these things but what I know is that I have to prepare food." Bheem mentioned, spreading a soft laughter, as the brothers took their leave.

While the two women were astonished as Bhanumati said, "This ain't just love, Subhadra. They are literally devoted towards Panchali."

"Exactly, even I have noticed this. I mean, the mighty warriors who had won the great Panchal Yudh which was apparently their first war, I didn't know they had such soft sides. Like sometimes I think they care more for Yuvrani than themselves." Subhadra spoke.

"This can't be just love, because I have seen it's the same kind of emotions that Bhrata Krishna has for his Asta-Bharyas. This is devotion, pure devotion." She added, feeling something beyond emotions.

***

Putting the last and ever full stop, Panchali closed the nib of the pen.

A pearl-like tear escaped from her eyes and fell over the pages, that soaked her emotions.

Her eyes turned blurred as the tears clouded over her vision. Still she didn't miss the last line she wrote after completing the past memories.

And just like that it's better if the truth remained unrevealed forever...

Getting up, she closed the diary and moved towards the closet, securing her worst nightmares behind her clothes.

Panchali forwarded her steps towards the secret hall of that floor and within some minutes, her eyes fell over the black Piano.

The hall was covered with complete darkness. The only source of sight was the Moonlight falling over the Piano from the ceiling.

With slow and steady steps, Panchali moved towards the Piano. Her hands tracing the shiny object.

A soft sob left her lips, as she took her mother's photo frame in her hands, and caressed the photo as if trying to feel her Mumma.

"Sometimes the colour that you try to get rid of, gets more intense if you're trying it to wash away." She muttered, looking at the eyes of her Mumma.

"The hands that are painted with blood can never find peace and love in their life." She added, a drop of tear fell over the photo frame.

***

15 YEARS BACK :

Panchali cradled her one month old sister, whom she referred to as Doll. Because, her sister resembled her barbie doll toy.

Her ocean blue eyes lack the usual mirth, as if she was alive but felt robotic from inside.

Panchali sighed occasionally as her Doll made some baby sounds but it didn't affect her in any way as she seemed to forget how to smile.

Looking at the calm sight of her sister playing with her favourite Barbie doll, her heart smiled affectionately.

Panchali loved her sister to death. If enduring torture could be this fruitful, she accepted it with no fuss.

Well, it's been one and a half months since her molestation by Akhil Shekhawat. She took a deep shaky breath.

Thinking of that day still scared her, and she knew the fear would forever remain with her.