Chapter 8- Alfredo spaghetti.

27th of October..

"Red, tonight is your responsibility." Lilith sternly instructs, her face scrunched as she turns the sign at the front of the door to read 'closed' before she steps out.

As the sun had set and the sky was clear, Red, Ashton, and Elio decided to move two tables from their outdoor seating area for a nice meal outside.

Red pushes a loose strand of hair away. "You mentioned it," she grunts before pulling two chairs to the table.

Lilith blinks, crossing her arms. "You wouldn't have to go through all this trouble if I had kept your drunk selves under control!" She lets out a frustrated chuckle, feeling angry and wanting to get her revenge on them for not taking her advice and staying in that night.

"Shut up!" Both Ashton and Elio snap at her, and Red slightly flinches before she lifts her head, her hair bouncing along with her and her shirt loose, unbuttoned just above her chest where clear sweat drips, "Has it ever crossed your mind that maybe I want this? That maybe Ashton and Elio want it too?" Red questions, her jaw clenching as her tongue pokes out from the inside of her cheek with a tilt of her head as she awaits a response.

Lilith scoffs, "You-" She pauses, adding emphasis with a point of her finger in Red's direction who seems to immediately stiffen at the degradation of her tone, "-want to sit at a table, with your ex-girlfriend's boyfriend?" Lilith sarcastically asks, her eyebrows bouncing up as Red's lips part.

Ashton and Elio pushed past Lilith and returned to the Café to grab some cushions for the metal chairs.

Red furrows her eyebrows and shoots Lilith a glare in response to her comment. "Well, obviously not," she says, "but that guy was pretty insistent. If I have to put up with him to keep Layla around for a while longer, then I'll just have to deal with it." Her voice echoes through the empty streets around them as she speaks.

Lilith being taken aback by her reaction, her lips pursed in wonder, as her hazel eyes flick from Red and then to Red struggling to open the patio umbrella attached to the tables. As Lilith is about to shove her stubbornness down to help, she watches Red's veiny hands clench around the bottom of it and successfully lift it, but then as relief overcomes both of their expression, the umbrella completely crashes and harshly pinches Red's hand.

The strength of the metal causes Red to curse and clutch her bleeding hand, with Lilith rushing to her aid. "It's okay," Lilith says as she reaches out to Red, but Red shrugs her off before Lilith can get close. "I'm fine," Red snaps before turning away and storming into the Café. Lilith watches as Ashton and Elio immediately jump to help Red, and Red allows them to. She realises how hard she was being on Red if she was refusing any help.

Later..

Layla hurriedly gets into the car and slams the door behind her. Freddy sighs and comments, "Took you a while." He then starts reversing the car out of the parking spot while looking over his shoulder and quickly exits.

Layla nervously giggles as he turns to her, eyeing her intently before diverting his gaze back to the road. He inhales deeply, almost fighting himself to look away.

"Is that your expensive perfume?" Freddy curiously questions, scrunching his nose at the intensity of the vanilla scent that's radiating off the blonde, who sits so politely, with her hands clasped over another at her lap and her back straight.