𝗲𝗜𝗶𝘀𝗌𝗱𝗲 𝟮𝟲: 𝗳𝗌𝗹𝗹𝗌𝘄 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿

A/N: Eclipse belongs to GeekyCookie1. Cameron and Noelle belongs to MariChat3.

Enjoy!

"Sometimes being a leader isn't easy or fun, but it's a job that has to be done."

Flashback - 21 years ago, 1998

KRIS HART KNEW what she was doing. She couldn't avoid or keep this anymore—not from him; not when she knew what he actually was. After all, she had been the one that had allowed her emotions to control her when she first met him, and it only lead her to the situation she was in at that very moment. But she couldn't—no, she wouldn't allow herself to regret it because she couldn't.

Not when she was holding her son in her arms.

And so, there Kris found herself standing in front of a apartment door and in her arms was a baby that was all bundled up in the warmest pair of clothing she could put on him as she held him close to her chest. Taking a deep breath, she knocked on the door and waited. She heard the door unlocking from the other as it slowly opened, allowing her to see the person she came to see.

Daniel Hale stood in the doorway as he stared at her, his brown-hazel eyes remained fixated on Kris before his gaze moves down to the baby in her arms. He doesn't said anything as he stares at the child and the more he did, he watches as the baby opens his eyes, and Daniel sees another pair of brown-hazel eyes staring curiously at him.

"Daniel," Kris finally spoke up, keeping her son firmly against her chest. "Can I come in?"

Daniel doesn't said anything as he moves his gaze back onto her to stare at her for a while. He remains silent before he sighs, moving to the side to let her enter. In that moment, Kris steps the apartment while Daniel closes the door behind her and the two ahead towards the living room, now facing each other.

"You're probably wondering why I've been avoiding you," Kris said. "I..."

"Is he mine?" Daniel interrupted her, once again staring at the child that was in her arms.

Kris tries to swallow the sudden dryness in her throat, her arms lightly shaking but her grip on the baby tightened a little as she was determined not to drop him.

She knew what she did to be holding this baby, and she knew that she had to at least let him know.

"Yes," Kris said softly. "He's yours."

She heard Daniel take in a sucky breath and waited for him to said something, but when he never did, Kris continued. "His name's Henry. Henry Hart."

Daniel felt his body tensed as he allowed his eyes to move onto her. "Hart?" He questioned.

This was it, she knew that it was time to tell him.

"I... I told Jack that he was his," Kris said, moving her son closer to her chest and out of Daniel's reach. "He doesn't know about..."