Preliminary

"First of all congratulations on finishing the second exam." Anko spoke.

'I actually made it, when I got knocked out, I thought I was dead. ' I thought

"Hey look, all of the leaf village rookies are here too." Sakura said.

"Woah everybody's here." Naruto said.

I just smiled. I'm glad everyone's safe.
The hokage then explained something about the true purpose of the exams.

Suddenly, Sasuke clenched his shoulder in pain.

"Sasuke are you ok?" I asked.

"Yeah I'm fine, don't worry about me." he said trying to hide the pain.

I just remembered that Orochimaru has placed a curse seal on him it must be the reason why he is tired I wonder if he will be able to continue or not

"Sasuke listen to me, you have got to quit." Sakura said.

Naruto, Sasuke, and I gasped at Sakura.

"You've been like this ever since you came in contact with Orochimaru, and it's getting worse." she said.

He turned away from her. I understood Sakura's concern, but Sasuke wasn't the person who's gonna give up that easy.

"Please, please Sasuke quit now before, I don't know. I'm scared." Sakura said while wiping tears away. Naruto and I made a worried expression.

Sakura kept pleading Sasuke to quit but he refused.

"Just give it up Sakura!" I slightly yelled at her. She jumped at my sudden out burst.

"Sasuke's resolve is too strong for him to suddenly quit these exams." I said to Sakura.

"Is there anyone who wants to quit now ? Because the competition is going to be tough and it may also be life threatening " said the coordinator .

Then kabuto raised his hands and he quit it ,' strange' I thought

Then, I saw Sakura about to raise her hand to tell the proctors about the curse mark both me and Sasuke put her hand down.

"Don't you even think about telling them about this curse mark." Sasuke said.

"Don't go against his wishes, Sakura, please." I pleaded with her.

Tears welled up in her eyes, as she still tried to get him to quit. In the end Sakura just gave up and the explanation of the exams went on.

"Now it's time to reveal what fate has chosen for you." the coughing man said. A panel behind the proctors opened.

"The names of each pair of opponents are chosen completely at random. Before each match, these names will appear on the display behind me." he said.

'This was it, my time to shine.' I thought with determination in my eyes

The names of the first opponents appeared on the screen.

'Yorio Akado vs Sasuke Uchiha'

This is going to be fun to watch. Everybody stared at Sasuke, it's like they all hated him.

"Alright now, those who's names have been drawn come forward." the man said.

Sasuke and Yorio stepped forward.

"Are there any objections?" the man asked.

The two boys said no. It looked like some people in the room knew abt Sasuke's mark

"Alright then let's begin the first match. Everyone other then the two opponents will now clear the area and move to the upper level." the man said.

Everybody went to the upper level. Kakashi said something to Sasuke, maybe it was about the curse mark on his neck given by Orochimaru.The fight was about to begin, and everyone was quiet.