Surprise! - Ffion Morgan & Lia Cataldo

Today, I decided to surprise my girlfriend of 2 years, Meg, by flying to our home country after being long distance for the entirety of our relationship. We have only seen each other once, just over a year ago, but then she knew I was coming... now she doesn't. I told her that I was going camping for a week so I wouldn't be able to message her, but the truth is, I had to visit my family up north before heading down to Bristol to go and see her.

I flew from Australia to London, then drove from London to Newcastle (just outside of where my family live) to meet up with my little cousin. However, when I got there, at midday, I decided I was going to go and grab a coffee at one of my favourite cafes in the world. Just as I walked in, I bumped into someone while looking at my phone.

"Oh shit. I'm sorry." I chuckled just before I looked up, and I was met with a pair of eyes that I knew all too well. "It's okay." The woman chuckled, but I just froze and stood still in my tracks. "You're Lia Cataldo." I whispered and she nodded. "Yeah. There's no need to be so frozen and scared." She laughed before adding, "What's your name?"

Just before I managed to say, someone else that I knew very well spoke up. "You're Anna!" She smiled and I looked straight at her. "Ffion..." I whispered and she laughed a little. Lia turned around and looked at her girlfriend and said, "Do yous two know each other?" To that, me, and Ffion both shook our heads, but I remained silent. "Come sit down, Anna." Lia spoke yet again, and I nodded, following her and Ffion back into the little cafe.

"So, I kind of know Anna from her girlfriend Meg." Ffion explained, but I was still confused, as was Lia. "Okay okay." She chuckled then added, "Meg comes to all of our home games and a few of our away games and she has talked to me every single game I have been there. Then, after a year, I saw a massive change in Meg, and she told me she had a girlfriend. I asked her to show me a photo, and we sent Anna a video message, facetimed her before a game, and since then, Meg has barely shut up about her. I hear her name alllll the time and see new photos of Anna every game, and it's like catching up with my best friend, kind of." She chuckled, making Lia finally understand but making me still confused as ever.

"Ohhh, you didn't know Meg talks about you?" Lia asked and I shook my head, but a little smile appeared on my face. "That's cute. Why are you up here and not with her then?" Ffion asked and this was my time to explain and actually say something rather than just sit in silence.

"I flew into London but immediately headed up to see my family, but now that I'm thinking about it... I should have seen Meg first and took her up north to see my family with me..." I chuckled and both the girls smiled. "You want her to meet your family?" Lia whispered with a grin. "Yeah, why not? I didn't get the chance to last time I was here because my dad's side of the family went on holiday. She's met my nana and my auntie and uncle and grandad but not anyone on my dad's side of the family..." I smiled and they both chuckled until my cousin walked in and saw me.

"Yasemin!" I smiled, standing up and hugging her very tightly, then, in walked my Auntie Sharon who I also hugged. It's been ages since I saw them so that hug was absolutely incredible. After a while of just randomly talking about different things, I turned my attention back up to Ffion and Lia. "Sorry." I laughed but they both shook their heads with a smile. "It's completely okay. When were you planning on going down to Bristol?" Ffion smiled and I told her in a week, which made Lia nod.

"Yes yes. Sooo, me and Ffion have another week up here, so do you maybe want to come down with us instead of going by yourself? We are getting the train, so you'll be with us the whole time." She smiled and I liked the offer, but I had a better plan. "Well, I have an actual car for rent, so why don't you just come with me? I'll drive." I chuckled and a bigger smile grew on the girls faces. "Are you sure?!" Lia asked and I nodded. "Yeah, absolutely."