I Want To Understand - Katie McCabe

I can't stand Katie McCabe. All she has ever done is be mean to me, and I have absolutely no idea why. I have smiled at her, played nicely, not once shouted, or raised my voice, but for some reason, she cannot stand me – it's getting a bit painful now.

I just want to understand why.

I walked into the common room this morning to see the room full of players, but one person was missing; Miss Katie Alison McCabe.

"Hey Leah, where's Katie?" I whispered and Leah chuckled a little. "Why? You missing her y/n?" She whispered but I shook my head. "No, just wanted a bit of peace and quiet." I chuckled back, going to sit down on the sofa after getting a drink of water from the fridge.

It was all a bit too quiet in here. It's not like people weren't talking, because they were, but it didn't feel right without that annoying Irish girl yapping in everyone's ear. Who knew I would miss her being annoying so much?

About 10 minutes later, just before we had to get ready for training, there was still no sight of Katie, and it was starting to worry people. "Beth, do you know where Katie is?" Kim asked but Beth just shook her head. "Can someone please at least message her?" She asked again, making people pipe up. "We have messaged her. She just isn't replying." Leah spoke, making me confused and oh so slightly worried.

We all got ready and about to go outside, and that's when Katie came in. "And where were you?" I asked as I was the first one to see her. "Shut the fuck up, y/l/n." She spat back, pissed off already. "Calm down, McCabe. I only asked a fucking question." I whispered, walking outside after I tied up my boots.

The day went by so slowly, with the occasional side eyes from Katie, which was normal, but annoying. I don't understand what I have done to her, and if I ever ask, she just tells me to shut up. It's been like this the whole season, and I don't get it. To put it into comparison, we play the last game of the season tomorrow... It's been a while.

We were all going to hang out after the training session, but we were all so exhausted, so I immediately said goodbye to everyone and got in my car, driving home after everyone decided that we were all too tired to hang out today. We rescheduled it for a later date.

About a week later, officially on off season, I got a message from Kim.

Kim Little

Hey, fancy coming round later? A few of the girls are coming around too. Pizza & movie night? X

Sure! What time? X

Say in about 2 hours? X

I'll be there x

Time went by so quickly, actually, and before I knew it, it was time to start the 20-minute drive to Kim's house. Leah, her girlfriend (Meg), Beth, Viv and Alessia were all there, already spread out across the couch. "Y/n! You're here!" Kim smiled, tapping the space next to her.

About half an hour passed of us just sitting and watching a movie until there was a knock on the door. "I was wondering when she was coming." Meg chuckled as Kim went and opened the door. In walked Katie and my whole heart just sank. I wanted to have a peaceful night for once, away from my emotions and thoughts, but now I've got an annoying Irish girl here too.

The only space on the couch that was free, was next to me, which made me so annoyed that she had to sit there. It's fine though because I'm not going to speak to her anyway. She knew I didn't want to make a fuss, and for some reason, she didn't either.