XLIV = 44

Dave's POV

"Lord lord lord why you keep bringing these dead beat ass women my way" I said as I blew the smoke out my mouth, coughing a little bit

"Damn this shit hitting" I said before placing the blunt into between my lips again. The sound of Unpredictable by Destin Conrad ft Kiana Ledé played through out my car as I looked out onto the ocean view. Yes, a nigga is in his feelings.

"My Lover ❤️ is calling answer or decline" Siri said through my car. I looked down at my phone noticing it was now about to be 6:00.

"She finna kick my ass.... O while" I said as I declined her call. I just don't feel like talking at the moment. I sighed while I relit the blunt and sat back looking out into the water. The song Soon as I get home by BabyFace started playing.

"Ayeee this my shit.. GOOD LOVE GOOD LOVEEEEEE" I sung out loud as the song began to play. My eyes began to water and I just let them.

........... 30 minutes Later
"Deanna I need a BIGGG favor, clear Ari's schedule for the rest of the week please" I said into the phone while pulling into Krogers to get a few items that I know we need.

"Sure, but she has an interview with Crystal Renae (Fatima off of Zatima)" Deanna said and I put my AirPods in my ear before getting out my truck and I locked it. I walked into Kroger and grabbed a cart so I could start shopping.

"We'll keep that one. But as far as everything else just cancel it. I need time with her to myself" I said as I grabbed different types of cereal from off the shelf.

"Okay is it anything else you need me to do" Deanna asked me.

"Take off for the rest of week. You will still get paid..... Matter of fact take off for 2 weeks you will still get paid" I said while getting milk.

"Are you sure" she said sounding concerned.

"Yeah take off. You do a lot and I'm pretty sure you need a break. So clock out and go home" I said while looking at the chicken debating if I should get chicken breast or chicken tenders. I just grabbed both, either way it's going to get ate!

"Oh thank you so much Mr. Brewster. What can I do to repay you" Deanna said now excitedly. I chuckled a little as I continued walking around. I was getting irritated now so I started walking towards the front.

"Nothing. Just enjoy yourself. Have a good day Deanna" I said before hanging up, I didn't even give her a second to respond. I walked towards the check out lanes, seeing which ones had the smallest amount of people.

"This why I send somebody to get my groceries all these people" I whispered to myself as I stood behind this elderly couple. They were so small compared to me.

"Willy Earl put the fucking cookies down and help me put the groceries up on this long thing" the old lady said.

"Y... Y... You.... gone stop talking to me like I'm your child, Bernice" the old man had replied back but I started laughing when he started putting the groceries on the belt.