The Doctor Is In

Macaque woke up slowly the next morning, too comfortable to want to be awake. He could smell Wukong's peachy scent next to him. Smiling to himself, he snuggled closer. For a moment the Warrior had thought he'd heard something, but it must have been his imagination. "WUKONG!" Opal and amber eyes snapped open. He sat up sharply, or tried to anyway, but the King was holding him too tightly. His heart raced in his chest. Glowing ears shone bright as they fanned out, listening as he tried to figure out what was going on. Once the voice clicked, Macaque burst out laughing, falling back down onto the King and burying his face into Wukong's shoulder as he listened to Nezha rant and rave in the cave below.

Wukong startled awake, arms tightening around Macaque protectively. "Wha-huh? What's going on?" He mumbled as he glanced around confused.

"Sorry, sorry." Macaque snickered, shaking his head. "Your guess about Nezha was right. He woke me up. I think when he went in the waterfall." He kissed Wukong's cheek. "Morning by the way. Glamour please?"

"Of course, Peach." Wukong murmured, blinking the sleep out of his eyes. He kissed Macaque's forehead and cast one of the strongest glamours he could. "There. That should last you like maybe a month? Something like that. You can dispel it when you like but I'd have to recast it afterwards." He tilted his head, smiling gently at the younger monkey. "And good morning to you too."

Macaque leaned in and kissed him softly. "Thank you." He said, sitting up. He quickly switched his sex back to match his gender while he was at it. "But no way you made me my usual height."

Wukong's eyes darted away, cheeks tinted pink. "Whaaaat? I'm sure this is how tall you like to look. Anyway, we should go get Nezha before he tears down our house." His head quickly swept forward to steal one last fierce kiss before he stood up with a smug grin. "Come on. We wouldn't want to keep 'big' brother Nezha waiting."

A blush flared up on the ebony monkey's face as he rolled his eyes. The blush disappeared behind a thin layer of magic as fast as it appeared. "Fine, but only because I'm not in the mood to have you lecturing me for fixing the glamour you put on me." Macaque snarked toothlessly. He stepped toward Wukong, tail swaying behind him as he leaned toward Wukong and grinned. "But don't think I'm not gonna get you for this later, Shorty."

"Sh-shorty?!" Wukong gasped with faux offense. He then snickered, meeting Macaque halfway with a chaste press of the lips. "I look forward to it." He summoned his cloud and gestured for Macaque to climb aboard. "After you."

"Don't mind if I do." Macaque climbed onto the cloud with no trouble. He turned back, tail flicking as he held out a hand Wukong wouldn't need. "Come on- oh he found your mess of a treasure room that I'm trying to organize."

"Uh oh. Hope he doesn't see the shit I stole from him." Wukong mumbled, eyes widening in panic as he scrambled onto the cloud and sent them zooming towards the treasure room.

Macaque quickly grabbed the back of Wukong's hoodie, bracing himself. "I'd be amazed if he did. Nobody could find anything in there." He reassured, quietly wishing he could have just dropped them there via shadow portal now that he knew that was a risk.

Wukong stopped just outside of the treasure room, hesitating as he listened to the ticked off shouting of the older immortal. He glanced over at Macaque and gave him one more sweet kiss. "Last one. Promise." The King murmured, cupping Macaque's cheek with a tender smile. "I don't want anyone in heaven to know yet. So we'll have to actually have some restraint."

Nodding in understanding, he leaned into Wukong's hand, smiling back affectionately. "Yeah, it's better this way. We need to be smart about the Celestial Realm." Macaque darted forward, giving Wukong a sweet peck on the lips, and stepped back. "There. Now we're both done. Let's get in there before he finds something he shouldn't."