Projections And Movie Dates

Wukong frowned, thinking for a moment before his face lit up. "I can teach you astral projection! That way we can talk whenever and wherever."

"Oh right. Sure, that would give us both something to actually focus on at least." Macaque agreed, throwing his leg back over Wukong's legs, fully getting off of him. "I've never really tried to learn astral projection before. Never saw the point."

"It's kinda tricky until you get the hang of it." Wukong told him, sitting upright. "You just gotta throw yourself at another person's thoughts until you connect!"

Macaque hummed. "Okay then. Guess I'll go with the obvious one." He sat cross legged, facing Wukong. "Is it kind of like meditation? Or does that help at all?"

"Yeah. Meditation is kind of a big part of it. You gotta connect with yourself if you want to connect with anyone else." Wukong mirrored Macaque, holding out a hand. "A little bit of contact can help too. Especially the first time." He paused. "Don't tell MK I said that. I did it over a distance with him and was lucky he didn't pass out or something."

"You're lucky the Kid's as tough as he is." Macaque placed his hand into Wukong's, closing his eyes. "Good thing meditating is something I'm pretty decent at. Let's give this a shot." He mumbled, sinking toward his subconscious. The Warrior reached out mentally for the King. He just had to follow Wukong's energy, right? That shouldn't be too hard.

Wukong followed suit after a moment of watching the other settle in. He reached his magic out, patiently waiting for Macaque's magic to find him. The sensation of the breeze and sunlight faded away until only his magic and the nearby magic of the other monkey remained.

Noises started to fade to the back of Macaque's mind. They never went away completely, but he could ignore them. His upper ears twitched slightly. He slowly became aware of another magic, close to his own. His magic reached for the other. It went slowly at first as he got used to the feeling, then more steadily, connecting and entwining with the bright magic. He sucked in a breath, gripping Wukong's hand as his eyes popped open, glowing brightly.

Wukong smiled, opening his eyes to stare at the violet image overlaying Macaque's body. "There he is." The King murmured, pride filling in him at the other's accomplishment. "Only took you one try to get it."

"Definitely think the meditation experience helped." Macaque admitted, staring curiously at the gold shimmer cloaking Wukong. His ears twitched at the echo of the other's voice. "Kind of odd hearing both you and the projection speak though."

Wukong giggled. "Okay. I'm going to let go of your hand and move to where you can't see my actual body. Ready?" He asked as he stood up, still holding Macaque's hand.

Macaque gave Wukong's hand one last squeeze before nodding, letting go of the ginger monkey. "Sure. I'll still be able to hear you, but let's see what this is like."

Wukong smiled and started to walk away, moving just far enough that his physical body was out of sight while his golden form remained with Macaque. "Can you still see me? How's our connection?"

"Yup. I see you fine." Macaque stood up, tail flicking curiously. "I'd say the connection is good on this end. How do I look on your end of things?"

"Beautiful." Wukong teased, his hand coming up to rest against where the violet projection's face was. A static shock passed through his hand. "Heh?" He frowned at his hand, confusion filling him as he stared at it.

The projection, and Macaque himself, flinched back in surprise as his hand flew to his cheek. "What was that?" Macaque stared at the golden projection wide eyed, hesitating before taking a step forward. "I didn't think astral projections let you feel things?"