Dinner And A Gift

Wukong started rummaging through his horde of treasure, looking for a specific book. "Where did I put it?" He mumbled, digging through another pile. "I know I tossed it around here." It was less of a toss and more of a grief stricken scramble to bury his feelings. His hand hit the corner of a very old sketchbook and his face lit up. "Ah ha!" Wukong pulled the book out with a triumphant grin.

Macaque quickly cleaned and cut the vegetables and tofu, humming a showtime as he moved through the kitchen. He went into the cabinet, cheeks pinkening when he saw the bottle of olive oil before quickly grabbing the grape seed oil next to it, closing the cabinet. "Okay, no thinking about that. We're having dinner first. Focus on cooking." He mumbled, grabbing a large pan from the cabinet and starting the actual cooking.

Wukong flipped through the book, grin softening as he looked over his old drawings. "He's gonna love this." The King murmured, trailing a finger over an image of Macaque smiling at a sunset. He closed the book and quickly walked back to the hut. "I got something for you." Wukong called as he approached the door, walking through with a spring in his step.

"Cool, just finishing up dinner." Macaque called back, tossing the stir fry in the pan. "Should be done in just a minute. Mind grabbing a couple of plates and getting us some water, Mango?"

"Alright!" Wukong said, setting the book down on the coffee table. He walked into the kitchen and grabbed two plates and glasses. "Smells really good, Sugarplum." The King praised, pressing a quick kiss to Macaque's cheek as he went past.

Macaque's chest rumbled softly, tail wagging behind him. "Hope it tastes as good as it smells. I like to think I haven't gotten rusty." The ebony monkey turned off the burner, pulling the pan off the heat. He turned to the plates and used the serving chopsticks to dish out the stir fry, filling one plate a bit more than the other before placing the pan on a cool burner. He grabbed the smaller plate for himself. "So, what was it you urgently needed to go find?"

"A gift for you!" Wukong told the other with a cheeky smile as he filled the glasses. He picked the glasses up and glanced at the ebony monkey. "Want to eat on the couch?"

"Fine by me." Macaque said with a shrug. He grabbed Wukong's plate and followed the ginger monkey to the living room after grabbing two pairs of chopsticks. His eyes quickly found the book on the coffee table that hadn't been there before. "What's this?"

Wukong's cheeks tinted a light pink. "It's the gift I mentioned." He set the glasses next to it as he sat on the couch. "You can look at it now if you want. O-Or you could wait until we're done eating." He stuttered, nervously fiddling with his hoodie.

With a fond smile, Macaque placed the heavier plate of noodles in front of Wukong, leaning in to kiss him on the cheek. "I'm sure I'll love it, but I'd rather eat first so the food doesn't get cold." He sat next to his significant other. "Unless you really can't wait for me to see what it is?" He tilted his head curiously.

"We can eat first!" Wukong blurted out, cheeks flushed. He picked up the noodles and chopsticks with a little smile. "It really does look and smell delicious, Peach."

"Glad to hear it." Macaque said lightly, tail curling around Wukong's. "It's not like it's anything special."

Wukong tightened his tail around the other's as he started eating. "Well, it's not like I can really cook." The King mumbled, shoveling down noodles.

"Careful Sunstone, that's really hot still." Macaque chided lightly, starting to eat as well. "It's not going anywhere."

"It's good though!" Wukong muttered around a mouthful of food. "And I've eaten molten metal. This is nothing compared to that. And much tastier."