He remembers hearing it on the headlines his first night of the hospital stay but found himself too overwhelmed by everything to seek the official answer. Zailey clears her throat peering down at the book herself, she thumbs through to find Niall's place returning the book to him, "Submissives with a level six and higher can test up,"

"A level six is high," Niall mumbles re-reading his notes, Zailey nods, "It is, but a level eight and higher doesn't require a dominant. You-you can't have kids or adopt a skip, but you can marry." Her tone softens at the words, tears slipping down her cheeks as she pulls her bottom lip between her teeth, "Y-you have to make a-a case to s-society and th-they can grant you a re-test."

Niall's chest tightens at the words, he had been granted a re-test at the hands of Zayn Malik, a wealthy enough dominant to have a say. All educated skips were given the option to re-test after having been signed for a year, with the owner's permission of course. It petrified Niall he wouldn't be allowed if Harry said no, to his fortune, the owner didn't seem entirely against it. Perhaps it was his delusion in thinking that, that led Niall to falling head over submission in love with Zayn, the dream of him leaving his husband and status being all conjured in his head with nothing to support it.

That thought alone scares him.

"What level are you?" Niall finds himself asking the girl in front of him, Zailey's eyes maintain focus on the floor beneath them, her chest rises with her deep inhale, "I'm a level seven," 

Hearing the door open, Louis turns expectantly, he frowns seeing Zayn approaching him with a soft smile on his features, "Good Morning buddy," The skip turns once more keeping his back to the man, "W-where's daddy?"

"He had to go somewhere, it's just you and I this morning," Zayn remarks ruffling Louis' hair, the skip raises an eyebrow, "N-No Liam?"

"Lee's still asleep, it's early Bubba." Scooping the boy in his arms he kisses his cheek, Louis winces at the foreign affection shown by the man who usually just scolded or hit him, "I-I want daddy," he pouts finding his own need for the man he refused to submit for disgusting.

Zayn lays Louis on the changing table undressing him from his pajamas, "Well I'm all you got this morning, and daddy told me something you'd like to do," he muses, "I even got up extra early for it," the skip swallows past the lump in his throat half expecting Harry to pop out at any second with a "gotcha", surely the man that clearly liked having all control would allow his husband he showed clear disdain for spend unsupervised time with his skip.

He's changed into another onesie, this one long sleeve with a pair of overalls. Zayn returned him to his hip heading out the door, Louis whimpering as he caught sight of the rocking chair he didn't get to lavish in this morning with Harry.

Captured by the meaner of the two Maliks in Louis' opinion, he raises an eyebrow and protests starting when Zayn opens the garage door setting Louis in a stroller, "Daddy couldn't be here, but said that you'd enjoy a walk to watch the sunrise," Zayn remarks buckling Louis in tucking a blanket around him. The skip was speechless, he never told Harry he loved sunrise walks, just that he enjoyed watching the sunrise. 

Maybe the man knew his boy loved being rocked and watching the sunrise and knew that since he couldn't be rocked he'd enjoy this instead. Louis chooses to believe this as he relaxes in the stroller allowing himself to feel the coolness of the morning, grinning with a giggle as the heat from the sun painted itself across his tan cheeks. 

Peaking over the visor at Zayn, the boy snuggles more into the blanket with a hum, he'd submit for this.

Hearing the bustling of nurses in the hall, Niall stands placing the textbook on the shelf with a sigh, "I'm sorry, about yesterday," he turns from the shelf watching the girl with a frown, his eyes flickering to the window where the sun had risen the birds singing its praise at the warmth it brought beginning to melt the frost from the night. 

"It's okay," Zailey mumbles, she stands wrapping her arms around the man with a kiss to his cheek, "After all, w-we're never going to see each other again, are we?"

Niall nods caressing her face, "You are worth submitting for," leaning his head against hers he kisses her nose, "You'd be one hell of a dominat." 

Zailey chuckles at the thought placing her hand over his, "W-when are you leaving?"

"I-I don't know-"

"Mr.Horan? You have a visitor this morning," Nurse Isla Gray announces, she offers a smile toward the pair gesturing for the skip to follow her. He bids Zailey one last goodbye stepping away, trailing Nurse Gray until they're at the visitor station, his eyes widening, breath hitching seeing the familiar thin-lipped smirk.

"Oh fuck," 

"Language, we have a baby in the house now."

.........................................

- Comment -

- V O T E -

- Emma:) -

- F O L L O W -