35

The first class was simple - hero basics training. All Might wanted to see their improvements since their internships and had set up a small exercise for them to showcase their agility, speed, and strength. Luckily, when with Miruko, Mizuki had been focusing on each of those aspects and was confident she could complete the drill effortlessly.

However, that wasn't exactly the issue she was facing.

"All Might, I don't feel comfortable completing this exercise alongside Akaguro." Hagakure stated, receiving a few nods from the people in her group.

Already placed on the start line, Mizuki raised her support goggles and looked over her shoulder at her classmates in disbelief. How could they do that? How could they deliberately go out of their way to ensure that her path to becoming a hero was going to be far more difficult? Were they going to force her to sit out on the training exercise? Would this be a constant threat?

She had so many questions, and so little answers. In truth, the vampire had no clue what was running through the heads of her prejudiced classmates, though she had a vague assumption that they wanted her off the course all together.

Retaliating to their protests was a dangerous game, she had to be careful. "If you're uncomfortable, then sit out. I don't see why you're all trying to make this my problem." She scoffed, putting her goggles on and resting at the start line again. The silence was deadly, but it gave her something that she felt had been stolen from her. A voice. "I really don't care who's competing against me - it's not like any of you stand a chance at winning." She continued, watching their faces contort and feeling a sense of pride. "Besides, I'll probably be too far ahead for any of you to even see me." She bragged, it was likely true. Speed and strength had been something that she'd developed a lot during her training, and she wouldn't let that go to waste.

Suddenly, given the silence of the class, All Might finally decided to speak up on the issue, which Mizuki would have preferred if he did it sooner. "Well, this is an unfortunate situation."

Mizuki deadpanned at his words. This was the number 1 hero that her brother idolised? This was the symbol of peace. If that were the case, then Chizome was lucky never to come into contact with such a baboon of a teacher - at least thats how Mizuki would describe him.

"Those who are uncomfortable competing with Miss Akaguro, please raise your hand." The teacher eventually decided, though his decision didn't bring any sense of reassurance to Mizuki at all. Hands were raising left right and centre. People who she assumed were neutral on the matter began to give in to peer pressure. But most of all, those who she thought were her friends, had raised their hands too.

Yaoyorozu. Sero. Ashido. Kirishima. There were so many of them who she hoped would side with her - but they didn't. With haste, she did the only thing she felt she could. Mizuki didn't bother staying, she knew she was hated but she didn't realise just how little allies and friends she had. Not one person was sticking up for her.

No one spoke up as she walked away from the group calmly and wordlessly. The exercise was over for her, and she didn't even get the chance to showcase her skills. Begrudgingly, she walked back to the changing rooms on her own and exited her hero gear.

If anything, the vampire was glad to finally be alone again. Despite initially feeling lonely when she was locked up in her apartment with her sister, she'd much prefer it to being insulted and looked down on. After changing, she put her usual circular shades over her eyes and carried the case holding her suit back to her classroom.

The walk to 1A was equally as quiet and boring as her retreat from the exercise, but she was grateful that her silence wasn't interrupted by others attending UA. Before opening the door, she could sense the presence of two people. She could hear the blood coursing through their veins, the sweet, sweet smell of - NO - she couldn't think that way.