10

When Mizuki woke up, she could barely open her eyes

When Mizuki woke up, she could barely open her eyes. The bright lights of the nurses office was too much for her enhanced vision, she she quickly shot her hands to cover her eyes. Something that Recovery Girl noticed instantly. Along with Midoriya and All Might who were situated in the beds opposite her.

"Crap, my eyes." The girl sat up, her previous pain diminished.

"Lay back down young lady." Recovery Girl ordered, and reluctantly Mizuki followed her instructions. "Your sister told me about your quirk, together, we decided it was best for you to come here while she escorted your teacher to the hospital."

The girl put her head under the covers so she could dim the bright light and allow her eyes to adjust. "It's too bright in here." She stated, knowing everyone in the room was probably staring at her. "Who else is in here?"

"Just me." Midoriya answered, causing the vampire to loudly groan and sink further down the bed. "I don't think I've properly thanked you for stepping in and saving me. I'm glad your shoulder healed."

"Pull that shit again and I'll let him decay you." Mizuki retorted.

"Language!" Recovery Girl scolded.

"Oh, sorry." She quickly apologised then got back to the point. "What I did was reckless, but I knew I would heal after it. Where as you were bone dead stupid. You didn't even make it off the ground before you snapped all your bones. You set yourself up to die."

"But All Migh-"

"Is the number 1 hero, you're just a kid, know your limits." Mizuki cut in.

"You're a kid too, though." He tried to argue.

"I never said I wasn't." She finally lifted her head from under the covers. "But I don't think I'm childish. Do you? Sure I may sleep and eat a lot, but I'm smart and realistic. That's bound to make up for some of my flaws."

"Hey Akaguro?" Midoriya raised a new question, to which the vampire hummed, waiting for him to continue. "Why do you want to be a hero?"

Mizuki knew her answer. It was to try and get Chizome to come home, she was desperate to see him again and hoped he was doing okay. Chizome left her and Okimi four years ago, and both the sisters were struggling since then. So on the other hand, it was to make money, despite it being an unheroic act to save people for money, it had to be done. But deep down, she was sure she had a reason for herself. Being a vampire was difficult, and everyone thought she'd be the villain everyone saw in the news, she wanted to prove them all wrong.

"My brother ran away a few years ago, I'm hoping he'll come back once he realises that I'm a true hero." She decided her answer.

"A true hero?"

"You know, someone selfless, who saves people because they want to and is prepared to sacrifice themselves for the greater good. My brother always used to talk about it when he was in a hero school." She briefly explained, though there was no need to get into the details so soon.