20

(Brackets have changed, I've tweaked it so I've added pic with initials)

The finalists each stared at the brackets, some filled with worry, and others filled with excitement. Mizuki was the latter. She had always wanted to fight her middle school bully, and now, not only would she be permitted to, but she'd also be applauded for doing so. Following the bracket upwards, she saw her next fight would either be Momo or Tokoyami, both were frightening opponents, but she had a few tricks up her sleeve. Though, there was no use strategising for the future matches, she had to win the first one before that.

"Akaguro, you joining us?" Hagakure asked the vampire, shaking her pom-poms and dancing.

"I'm good." Mizuki declined, deciding it would be best to prepare for the tournament first. But, before she could go back to the girls changing rooms, she was stopped by dark forest green eyes, blocking the doorway. Shiozaki wasn't mean, at least not in a conventional way. There was no pushing or shoving or blatant insults. But there was cruelty hidden bellow her layers of kindness, one's that even she may not have seen. "Out of my way." The vampire crossed her arms, aware of how stupid she looked in a cheer uniform.

"I"m unaware of the reasoning for your grudge against me." Shiozaki stated, her voice as majestic and sophisticated as always.

"Excuse me?" Mizuki asked in shock.

"Unfortunately, it's true." She repeated. "We went to the same middle school, but we never conversed, is that why you resent me?" Ibara tried to guess, but she was no where near the answer.

"Of course not. I'm not that petty." The vampire scoffed.

"In which case, I've committed no wrongdoings." She gathered. "So, why look at me, wishing I was rejected from heaven itself?"

"Why do you talk like that? It's fucked up." Mizuki questioned, getting distracted too easily and mentally scolding herself. "Never mind." She changed the subject. "You're telling me, you did nothing wrong to me in middle school?"

"Indeed."

"Then you're a bigger idiot than I thought." She insulted. "Do you even know my name?"

"Well, such formalities weren't often used. But you were the bloodsucker, so I know who you are." Shiozaki confirmed.