13

There were a few weeks before the festival, and Mizuki was desperately training

There were a few weeks before the festival, and Mizuki was desperately training. She practiced the techniques that Chizome taught her, then learned a few moves from her sister and YouTube tutorials. Overall, she was happy with her fighting abilities, and quite happy to show off when it was finally the day she was due to meet with Kirishima.

"Hey Akaguro." He arrived at her apartment door, even though she told him it would be fine to wait outside the building.

"You're early? It'd be rude of me not to invite you in." She stated, considering she still wasn't fully prepared to leave. "I've just got to get my prune juice, and my trainers and I'm all set."

"Cool, Bakugo text me his address and said we were fine to train with him. But his estate looks posher than I expected. Apparently his parents are fashion designers, so he's well off." Kirishima explained.

"Really? I would've guessed that they were either heroes or lawyers."

"Why lawyers?"

"Because Bakugo always acts so self righteous, like a lawyer. But I guess that theory has its flaws, considering I'm almost certain he's broken the law multiple times." She suggested while the two left her building. "So what's the training plan? Workouts? Fights? Quirks?"

"Don't know, I'm just pumped to be training with some of the manliest people in our class. Mr Aizawa said you were both top scorers, was it a tie?" He wondered, but not even Mizuki knew the answer to that.

"Don't know, but I do know that I've been told to make a statement before the sports festival. All eyes on me I guess." She laughed nervously.

"At least it's not Bakugo, you heard what he was like the other day." Kirishima laughed.

"Yeah, that would suck." She laughed. "And that's coming from someone with a vampire quirk."

Soon later, they found Bakugo's house, and Kirishima wasn't lying when he said they were well off. It was huge compared to her apartment. Eager to train, Kirishima rang the doorbell and awaited an answer.

"Katsuki! Get the door!" A woman shouted from the interior, which was replied to with a string of insults.

Suddenly, Bakugo opened the door, looking annoyed that the two actually bothered to show up. "Rough day?" Mizuki questioned, though her tone displayed clear sarcasm.

"Shut up teeth." He ordered, then closed the door on their faces.

"Woah man, that's not cool." Kirishima knocked on the door again, to which Bakugo reappeared with his running shoes.

"We're going on a run to warm up." He stated, not asking for permission or their approval before suddenly taking off at full speed. Mizuki quickly tossed her juice box onto his porch and chased after him, not having to try all that hard because of her quirk. However, Kirishima was struggling.