34

The second Mizuki entered the classroom, everything seemed to stop. The casual chatter of 1A died down as each and every one of them tried to look away from the vampires figure - she could sense a few eyes on her, but whenever she met them, they quickly averted.

One thing Mizuki had learned to hate over her brief break, was being watched. People had tried poking cameras through her door, her windows, she even had a few people dress up as mailmen to try and spy on her. None of their plots had worked though, Mizuki and Okimi always managed to be one step ahead, especially with a vampire quirk.

However - hidden by her circular shades - Mizuki's eyes managed to capture a few people shamelessly staring at her, waiting for her to make a grand gesture or even a speech. When in reality, she just wanted things to go back to normal, her problems didn't need to be publicly addressed and peer reviewed.

Noticing her ambivalence, the class figured she was unlikely to talk to them anytime soon. So, they each crowded around the front desks, the furthest away from Mizuki's seat at the back of the room. Of course, Todoroki stayed beside her, but she figured it was because it was easier for him to sit in silence than gossip about someone, in his eyes, she was probably the more tolerable option - despite her new reputation.

"So she actually came back?" Hagakure whispered, while the vampire rolled her eyes. They did know she had enhanced hearing, right? Either way, none of them seemed to acknowledge the factor and continued their chatter.

"Now that you mention it, I remember her saying something to me after the league of villains attacked us." Midoriya joined the conversation, and Mizuki's mind spiralled to the worst conclusions. "She said that she wants to be a true hero so that her brother would come back."

Everyone in the large group gasped, the shocking speculation that Mizuki was in cahoots with her brother planted itself in their heads. "You mean... like the video?" Kaminari questioned, referring to the viral video that was illegally roaming around the internet. Although none of them openly admitted to watching it, Mizuki was well aware they all had when their hearts began to race.

The vampire rested her head on the palm of her hand, she should have expected a reaction like theirs, she probably would have been a bit scared too. But, she'd like to think that she wouldn't judge someone just because of their family. Everyone was their own person.

The girl moved her gaze to the desk beside her, wondering what Todoroki was doing and why he was staring at the group with neutrality. It was clear he had opinions on the subject, but unlike the others, kept them to himself.

"You're brutally honest." Mizuki stated, turning to him slightly. "Would you tell me if things had been said about my brother?" She questioned, the groups loudness managed to drown out her words, making sure only those close could hear.

The half and half used seemed a little taken back by her willingness to talk, he assumed she would have wanted privacy for the first few days. "I could, but you wouldn't like it." He answered her, causing the vampire to sigh in annoyance.

"How was Iida?" She followed up, figuring it was best not to know the details of the rumours. "After you caught the Hero Killer?" She elaborated.

"Don't bother talking to him." Todoroki advised, making Mizuki worry slightly. She tilted her head, prompting the boy to continue. "I wouldn't if I were you."

He didn't add to his statement, leaving the vampire with more questions than answers. Instead of prying any further, the girl - as well as the rest of the class - redirected their attention to the opening door of 1A.

Stepping through the doorway, was none other than Tenya Iida. His head was held high as he practically marched into the room, it made him look smug in the eyes of Mizuki, but she didn't react to it. Stopping when he reached the group of students at the front, a few students locked eyes with Mizuki, before quickly turning around and whispering the rumours they'd heard to Iida.